56 coaches online • Server time: 16:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fidius

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

As unseemly as it is, coaches will soon be in the habit of shedding cash by means of buying and firing cheerleaders and re-rolls after most matches. A "Dump Cash to 290" button might make life a little more streamlined -- assuming of course that GW (and therefore Big C) intends to keep this afterthought of a rules revision for any length of time.

Otherwise I think I will just be rolling the lovely dice animation no matter the cash level, if only to save myself the irritation (over both fluff bastardization and hassle).
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not just use for inducements?
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 09:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Expensive Mistakes comes before the chance to buy inducements if a team is at 300k+ in post-match. It depends how bothered you are about losing a bit.

A solution to this problem is being discussed.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
tussock

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Use for inducements if you're 220+ and you can't get to 300+ in a post-game.

Well, outside tournaments, but you should be hammering your bank to win tournaments now anyway, or whatever's left of it after Expensive Mistakes. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Do we really need a better technical solution there than buying and releasing RRs and staff? It's a few more clicks, admittedly, but still... Well, suggestions don't hurt and Christer will know how much work it would be for him and whether it's worth it. Smile

It would be something else if the money wasn't just dumped, but "invested" in some virtual charity fond - and the information how much a team has "donated" would be visible. Very Happy (This idea came up on Discord once.)

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
It would be something else if the money wasn't just dumped, but "invested" in some virtual charity fond

* * * Did you know? 1,235,640,000 gold coins have been donated to The Widows of Nuffle Foundation

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
paradocks

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The charity idea is brilliance Smile
thoralf

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer - Yesterday at 1:16 PM
The idea I am toying with is something like buying a stadium
Where you can pay for upkeep and whatnot with the team gold

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a brilliant idea! The widows can wait.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that was another idea. Stadiums and charity - forgot about the first part. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 14:06
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It's a concept I've been considering for a while. There are plenty of possibilities with something like this.

At some point, I'll sit down and flesh it out into more than a core concept. A more formal description of the core concept, with some potential details filled in. Then post that to a blog to take feedback.

But the thing is, this takes dev-time (but I'm excited enough about this concept that it'll likely be sooner than later). And there are some more important things I need to finish up first.. I want to make a network design blog first (which requires me to finish documentation of my new network) for propeller-head type people as my next entry (unless something more important shows up). There's also some residual fixes for BB2016 (some bugfixes, some stuff needing to be added to the ruleset options, supporting the new stuff in tournament options) and probably set up a way for teams to join/leave rulesets.

So much to do Smile
fidius

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2017 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Stadium/widows idea is a good one, that would certainly dress up the mechanic enough to satisfy the fluff purists among us. Smile

While we're spitballing, one idea I had is for excess cash to be "distributed" (as a dividend) to ownership. In finance, one definition of the value of a company is to discount the cash payments into perpetuity by making assumptions of % yield and growth of yield. So if you have a series of dividends you can calculate the value of each team as if it was a franchise, based on its "dividends" to ownership. Then you could rank franchises by this calculated value.

For example the Gordon Growth Model calculates the value of a stock (P) as the Dividend (D) divided by the difference between the rate% of return required by investors (k) and the growth rate% (g). Basically you could sub the cash "dumped" per game into D (averaged over 10 games?), and divide by an assumed k and calculated g (growth of dividend/TV over 10 games?) to arrive at Franchise Value P.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2017 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

oh good god yes

this would be so cool for long running league teams

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2017 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
Use for inducements if you're 220+ and you can't get to 300+ in a post-game.

Well, outside tournaments, but you should be hammering your bank to win tournaments now anyway, or whatever's left of it after Expensive Mistakes. Very Happy

I'll be starting to do this as well, if the treasury on any of my teams starts to stray over 200k. Just 'dumping it' is a wasted opportunity, imo, especially now there is no petty cash.

One babe on an elf/skaven team can make a big difference. Certain other teams can make very good use of the occasional bribe or extra rr.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2017 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
Christer - Yesterday at 1:16 PM
The idea I am toying with is something like buying a stadium
Where you can pay for upkeep and whatnot with the team gold

This combined with the long, long awaited custom pitch feature would be amazing.