62 coaches online • Server time: 18:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
2nd Double, 3rd Skill
Dodge
100%
 100%  [ 9 ]
Pro
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tackle
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Guard
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sidestep
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

charlie1331

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

So this Beast on this team rolled a second double (1,1) for his third skill. I'm aware that the Pro vs Dodge debate is alive and well in other threads, I did my research, but does The BoN deserve special attention? Basing him against opponents and then forgetting about him leads me to think that dodge is the better option as every push/pow against him is going to make me regret going with Pro. However, every time he RS' in order to get next to that WD or GR is going to make me curse taking dodge.

To be honest I have very little (read:zero) experience playing with pro. 4+ to reroll any roll made by that player, which brings down the RS rolls to 8%?

Would you consider SS for extra annoyance?

Anyway, I appreciate all input, even licker's ("never take pro, never, never, never, never, etc...") and have a great day!

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

For this team I would totally take pro.

Totally.
charlie1331

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

****! I forgot Pie. Quote this post and it counts as a vote for Pie!

I feel shame...

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
For this team I would totally take pro.

Totally.

you sonofabi.......

Laughing

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge, s5, stand firm and tentacles is certainly going to be a very useful roadblock. Although it is unpopular pro does have its merits. At least you don't lose tackle zones with really stupid fails anyway.
Sidestep would seem a bit odd to choose when you have stand firm but no dodge.

Actually tackle is a very good call too.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't want ss because you have sf.

Sure, there may be some usages for ss.. like if you are marking guy 1 square away from ballcarrier (so they don't attempt block because then ballcarrier would be allover tentacles).. but how many times does that happen (and in such way they can't just move cage/screen away without risking tents on ball).

Dodge and pro are solid options. I voted for dodge so it's harder to take beast down. 1/6 isn't bad for a big guy that mostly just stands next to opponents players or disallows them from dodging thru def line.

Pro is bit more useful on mobile big guys (altho they would benefit from dodge bit more too since BT + dodge works wonders).

I was "pro over dodge" guy for long time but lately i have turned to more of "dodge over pro" of a guy. (Note that i don't have blodge big guys nor block-pro big guys.. i have punch of low and mid tv teams that don't have enough games to really have a shot to have big guy like that).
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

charlie1331 wrote:
So this Rotspawn (formerly known as Beast) on this team rolled a second double (1,1) for his third skill.

It's sad but... new times have come.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2017 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Has to be dodge. Blodge on a big guys who's job is basically to hug lots of people with his tents becomes an absolute sod stand firm.

How many teams you know (especially agile teams) that has someone with tackle strong enough to get 2d block on him? Blodge makes him awesome.
 Jump to: