24 coaches online • Server time: 01:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the thread for all matters regarding Season 5.

At the moment, all divisions are ready to go (except Premier and Div1 pending the final playoff) and in the SWL Regional League, all teams are in with the exception of <b>PLATYPUS</b> and <b>marcusbay</b>.

If you two guys can accept your invites asap, then we can start the SWL Regional League.

Either Twahn or myself will set up Divs 2-6 as soon as possible.

C
PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I accept the invite for my Qpool team. I have no for my Premir Team. Is that correct?
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

PLAT, you're 100% ok now... congrats on the big playoff win too!
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I-House would like to announce that they will be winning Division 2 next season.

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>SEASON 5 QPOOL HAS STARTED</b>

Make sure you and your opponent are TR150 or less in all games! Some teams still need to do some "management"
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>DIVISIONS 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 HAS STARTED!</b>

With the addition of new coach <b>-VolCom-</b> we had 12 teams in the "New Division" category and hence we created TWO new divisions so we now have a Division 6!

Premier League and Division 1 will start at the completion of playoffs.

We now have a MASSIVE 7 divisions in total ie 42 active coaches!!

This is the biggest SWL season ever and I wish you all luck and apologies for the massive confusion caused with the qpool, new coaches and new set up etc... I think the angst has been worth it.

Remember, particularly you new coaches, you CANNOT play outside the SWL with your teams.

The deadline for completion of Round 1 matches is <b>Sunday 27 June</b>

Also, neverborn is waiting for qPuddle coaches to accept their invites and you should hurry asap to do so.
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
m0nty

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to hijack the thread fellas, but the Australasian group for the Green Horn tournament is looking a bit sparse - I'd like to think the Aussies deserve their own qualifier, but it's a bit difficult to justify when there are only 10 of a possible 32 entrants, while Europe already has 64! If you guys could take time out from your SWL commitments to help make the Aussie group in the Green Horn work, it would go a long way towards ensuring that the Aussies get their own group in future official tournaments, instead of being lumped in with a World group. Hijack over!
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I applied, then realised you need [R] teams. I need one more game with my skaven then I can make a team. Hopefully tomorrow early.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

While we're being Hijacked...

My friend Mully is looking for another Aussie coach (yes, we're in demand!) to join the feeder league for the popular Wide World of Bloodbowl (WWB)!
It's the MLB and he needs someone to coach an Elf team of some description... I'm about to be crowned champion of the WWB so can highly recommend it! Wink

Meanwhile, back in the SWL...

101 teams get stuck in for a whole new SEASON!
That's right, it's started. Season 5 is rolling out now, with all Divisions up and running! If we can get 5 more Stunty coaches, we'll tack another Little League Division on too, do anyone who hasn't got a Stunty and would like to give it a whirl, make a team and apply.
Deadline for al Divisions, high and low, is Next Sunday (27/6)! That's right, a long round to warm y'all up. It'll be once a week after that though, so feel free to get ahead of the action if you like... Wink

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Quod

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

A stunty team I will have applied within 24 hours, promise.
Go mutating plague spreading Nurglings!

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the reason we not joining the other tournaments is SWL is too good, we is all worried the other tournaments will suck!

And first games are in for season 5 kicked off by Div 6 and Div 3. Premier Division will see rd 1 promo go through SWL's Channel BB! on thursday so let me know if any of these games are grudge matches or have interesting bits and i will put em in the Channel BB style! PM me with the details guys! Otherwise i will have to write all my own slanderous copy!

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Mgt welcomes <b>BeefyGoodness</b> to the Regional League! At the time of writing, this upstart rookie is on top of the heap! Bring him down boys! Smile

Also, just with <b>BeefyGoodness</b>, all newbies will be attempted to fit into the Regional League, but it will be at someone's expense... If you are not playing games or your team remains high above the TR cap, then I will conclude that you are not active in the Regional and I will (if req'd by newbies) replace you... (Teams allocated a 666 are in "purgatory" and are not in the Regional).

If we get enough newbies, there may be a case to have a Div 7, but at this stage I doubt it.

Also, remember that team retirements and replacements will NOT be allowed during a season... if your team gets trashed, keep playing for fun but wait until SWL VI to replace!
Mijjy

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

if someonw wants to watch, buzzrocks and i will be having a game for our div 5 match at approximately 630-700 sydney time
enjoy
buzzrocks

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

there was a mistake, and i was was up against volcoms humans. match report follows...

the game started poorly for the humans (weak scum that they are) with the ogre going down trying to block a noble chaos dwarf. the star bullcentaur rushed in to capatilise on the loose ball, but quickly found himself being pummeled into the dirt by half the opposing team!! his sacrafice was not in vain, as the chaos dwarf line pushed foward, stopping the offence dead in its tracks, and eventually wrestling control of the ball. unable to score, the two bullcentaurs tried a last minute passing play, but unsuprisingly fumbled the ball.

Taking the offence, the chaos dwarfs chrged forward to secure a deep position in the enemy half. however, struck by the same luck as the oppositions opening turn, a string of skulls left the offensive drive wide open, and the swift human catcher sprinted in to scoop up the loose ball. with both the bullcentaurs miles away from the ball, and the dwarves locked in combat, it was up to the lousy hobos to stop this threat. they performed admirably, slowing the attack long enough for the bulls to return to the game. an unlucky GFI ended the human hopes of an easy score, and after several turns of tense battling, one of the bulls caught a lucky handoff and charged through to score in turn 7 of the second half!!!

inspired by their teams tenacity, the fans proceeded to invade the pitch, smashing the humans tough line that had setup to inflict one last turn of pain. victory was ours, and the fans loved it.

great game volcom, i was on the edge of my seat the entire time. bad luck was about equal but some lucky rolls when it counted ensured the chaos dwarf victory. humans inflicted 3 cas to the CD's 1, but the fans took care of evening the score in that regard Smile
 Jump to: