22 coaches online • Server time: 02:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BloodReaper

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

not to moan or anything but i just had a look at the SWL season 5 page and it says that the warlizards won the 2nd division while we both (lords of war) ended on the same points i won our game during the season and should be given the title.

the lads worked hard to win this divison from the bottom of the table and have been drinking lots after I-House lost both them games which gave the lads the title.

their sponser are going to make them pay for their drinks if the have not won the title which will mean that there wont be much change left of their 50k they finished the season with hehehe
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

It matters not, both of you are in Premier...

The fumbbl site does some weird things... it lists your team on top due to alphabetical order but it notes Warlizards as the winner because they have a better TD differential over the season... having said that, you beat him 4-1...

[edit] - if you read the SWL Mainpage, the differentiator for tied placings is the head-to-head result. Therefore, Lords of War is the winner of Div 2 despite what fumbbl says...
neverborn

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Lil Leauge season 2 has begun!!!

Any problems with it let me know! Ig you wanna be involved, drop me a PM and we will get another div happening!
andycapp

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

The season has been extended to a 7 game season, and the Premier and 2 Conference Divisions will hold 8 teams each and the 4 Regional Divisions will have 10 teams each!! Amazing stuff! 54 coaches!

Can you please explain your math, Clay ?
8 + (2 * 8 ) + (4 * 10) = ?
I take it it's 3 * 10 ?

Also (really, I'm not trying to push my luck, just asking the questions)

Quote:

It is first in best dressed. We have 30 Regional spots in total and I think we have 33 or 34 teams eligible.

Just as a question, and I know I'm only a pleb, but ...
if the Premier Division is 8 teams, playing each other once each (ie. 7 games each), and the Conference Division is 2 x 8 teams ...
why isn't the Regional Division 4 x 8 teams ?

Then every section of every division would be 8, so every round would be due at the same time.

Maybe it's so the teams in Regional get more games, to improve experience and TR ???

you can publicly humiliate me now if need be ...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

andycapp,

to answer your questions...

1. I meant to say 3 divisions instead of 4... there are 30 Regional Div teams

2. We were going to 4 x 8 team but due to a long debate over promotion and relegation and a like number of teams moving up and down without causing too much reshuffling every season, we left it at 3 Divs in the Regional in which 6 go up. 6 coming down from a conference of 16 is plenty! If it was 4 divs, makes 8 promotions and 8 down from conference is too many...

Trust us andy, we've thought long and hard and it has changed a fair bit in the last 72hrs... Wink

Also, a Swiss system gives a bit of a unique twist this year...
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any real reason to limit Regional beyond the one team per player? This basically means that those of us who are waiting for what happens in Picnic to determine the fate of our current div teams (and hence our qpool teams) won't get a spot. Unless it is assumed current qpool teams will carry over, in which case will we be able to do a one for one sub?

Does this also mean that players with multiple teams in there will be booting one - and yes I mean the donuts here - it's not really fair for any player to have more than one team, regardless of intetnions, if there are only limited spots available.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

As much as everyone pays the donuts out for savaging noobs, I think they're a great thing - they give fresh faces to the swl something friendly to have a hit out against first up and leave the noobs with a friendly first impression before they get into the thick of it. Even if the donuts get a win, its damn hard to hate halflings for it Wink

I wouldn't mind if we keep an honourary halfling team in the qpool. Regardless of who actually plays them, they're a good thing.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Snorri, I also applaud the intention of the Donuts, just not at the cost of a spot in a qpool with very limited places that could go to someone else. Of course if Clay only has the Donuts I have no problem.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The newly formed Regional Divisions are a completely different entity to the identically named Regional Division (QPool) from this season.
The QPool will again officially be called the QPool and the Regional Divisions are simply a colourful name for the lowest truly competative Divisions in the SWL. Yeah? Smile
There are still, primarily, unlimited spots open in the QPool. Never fear... Wink

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
neverborn

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2004 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

now we just need to figure out who is in what division and we're right as rain!
Wallace

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2004 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a question, my orcs are listed with '2', implying they are headed for the conference division, but my welfs are listed with '3' indicating they have a gauranteed place in the regionals. Obviously I can't have both team in the divisions so would prefer my orcs to stay and the welfs to go back to qpool, but has this impacted on other teams getting a '4' rather than a '3'?
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2004 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to clarify the league structure because of the confusion, here it is:

<b>Premier Division</b>: Top SWL Division, 8 teams only. Two bottom placed teams will relegate at seasons end to Conference...

<b>Conference Division</b>: Two Divisions of 8 teams each. The 16 teams nominated at the moment for Conference in the main page with a "2" will be randomly split into 2 groups of 8. Two winners of these divisions will promote to Premier, the bottom 3 in each division will relegate.

<b>Regional Division</b>: Three divisions of 10 teams each will play a 7 game Swiss Format. The Top 2 of each division will promote the Conference at seasons end.

IN ALL OF THE ABOVE DIVISIONS, EACH COACH WILL ONLY HAVE ONE TEAM.

<b>QPool</b>: An open round robin in which each coach can play his reserve team. Generally one team per coach, but not a hard rule. Winners and Runners Up of the Picnic will be allowed to play a Vamp and Ogre team in addition to his normal QPool team. There are also a couple of league run fling / gobbo teams run simply for fluff purposes and newbie bashing... The Donuts being the most well known... All newbies will generally go into QPool to prove their worthiness to us Commish's Razz
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2004 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Wallace - will check it out... a mistake on my part if thats the case...
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2004 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the clarification Clay.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2004 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Picnic Match Of The Round!</b>

Come see the Picnic’s Match of the Round tonight at 9pm eastern as the <b>Blue Mountain Dragons</b>, current SWL Champions with only one loss in the last 14 starts take on Conference dynamo’s <b>Western Sydney Wonders</b> in Round 1 of the Picnic.

The Wonders have only tasted defeat twice in their 19 or so games and are equally rated in the 220’s against the Dragons who have made a habit of squishing elf teams of late – including sending the Corporate Fraud Chaingang to QPool Retirement after last seasons 4-0 trouncing.

Vladim Oslobahn straps on the merkin and the pointy hat for his 6th SWL Season and promises that the quest for silverware is on again in earnest!

Season 4 Division 1 Trophy…

Season 5 SWL Premiership Trophy…

Will the coveted Picnic Basket be added to the cabinet?

This is also a grudge match as these two clubs neighbour each other with the Blue Mountains fringing the Western Sydney outskirts… and locals are piling into the clubs and pubs already to get prime seats in front of Channel BB!

Come one! Come all!! It should be a cracker!!
 Jump to: