61 coaches online • Server time: 21:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is Keggie its awesome
Yes
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Definitely
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 23

Jeffthejar

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2017 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

@Bluegill87: You realize it is not "free gold" that you spent, but your treasury, right? Just want to make sure you are aware. You may find it tough to buy more Pestigors if you are constantly spending your treasury...
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2017 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Dach wrote:
actually didnt spend like 100k in inducement for one match because I thought it was from my treasury...

so yeah, it's not clear!

The extra gold is the amount of gold you can spend without using your Treasury.
If you read carefully the log at the start of the match you will see it.

This is one of the examples of how a computer game can cause issues. It requires coaches to actually read, comprehend and understand what the hell is going on. That is a very confusing thing in computer games it seems.

Side note: I have heard many times that a lot of coaches do not play in tournaments because it is to confusing to understand how to enter them. I, obviously just laugh at this concept but then again, Iam dealing with a computer game and humans and the concept of comprehension eludes a lot of coaches it seems.

Now here is the low down, a cheat sheet if you like.
**WARNING**
it requires some awareness on the users part to understand what the hell is going on, you have been warned.

#1 IF you are the TV favorite, make sure you know who is the TV favorite and TV underdog at start of match is a key concept here. The game loads up, you just glance down at the dialogue box and you see that you have 160K available to spend on inducements. You need to engage the brain.

*Man that seems to be the exact same amount of gold in my treasury.
* Oh, that's right! Iam the TV favorite so I get no "free" gold. So anything I buy, Iam buying it from my stash of cash.

Now if you are the TV underdog, which you should of figured out before the match or when the start match dialogue box popped up.

You need to actually read the dialogue box. It will tell you how much "free" gold you get and then it will also tell you the total amount you can spend IF you spend your own gold.

* If you glance down and see that it says you can spend 260K in inducement and then move on, well, you did not read the box. IT said you got 100K in free gold and then, your treasury (160K) + free gold = Total gold for inducements.

got it?

Laughing

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2017 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you just write a guide to save people from reading? The concept of "waterproof Tea Bag" springs to mind...
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2017 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Espionage wrote:
Did you just write a guide to save people from reading? The concept of "waterproof Tea Bag" springs to mind...

Not really, the harsh reality is that 94.724% of FUMBBL coaches will never actually read what I posted.

Shocked Surprised Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2017 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe add a dialog if you spend own gold. Something like "This set of inducements will use 10k from the team's treasury" accept/cancel

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2017 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

*shrugs* More of a comfort zone issue with me at this point. I can understand the rule now that it's better explained here, but I'd prefer not to have my team's treasury so much more "readily available" when it comes to petty cash.

zakatan wrote:
maybe add a dialog if you spend own gold. Something like "This set of inducements will use 10k from the team's treasury" accept/cancel

^This
tussock

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2017 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

BB '16 teams are supposed to be broke. If you're broke, congratulations, it's working.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2017 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
BB '16 teams are supposed to be broke. If you're broke, congratulations, it's working.

True dat.

Jeffro
paradocks

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2017 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

For example, TV 1000 team A plays vs TV 1040 team B.
If the overdog, team B, wants to buy inducements must do it before team A, recalculating the TV difference and extra gold if necessary.
Team B buys nothing.
Team A adds 10,000 from its Treasury to the TV difference bonus gold (40,000) and buys a card.

Wait, so if Team B in this example spends 100k from their treasury on inducements then Team A would get 140k bonus gold to spend?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2017 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

paradocks wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

For example, TV 1000 team A plays vs TV 1040 team B.
If the overdog, team B, wants to buy inducements must do it before team A, recalculating the TV difference and extra gold if necessary.
Team B buys nothing.
Team A adds 10,000 from its Treasury to the TV difference bonus gold (40,000) and buys a card.

Wait, so if Team B in this example spends 100k from their treasury on inducements then Team A would get 140k bonus gold to spend?

Exactly, because by spending its Treasury team B has increased the TV gap. Please notice that I suggested this as better system in my opinion, it's not how the current inducements system works.
Jeffthejar

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2017 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

That is a brilliant suggestion, MattDakka... now how do we get you onto the team writing the next edition of DeathZone... Confused
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2017 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a quite simple suggestion actually, but thanks anyway. Smile
MrMagic

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2017 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Medon wrote:
I made a TD and CAS with a loner and even nominated him as one of the three MVP candidates, only to find out later I accidentally spent part of my treasury and I couldn't buy him. .. some of us have to learn the new habit the hard way I suppose .. ;-|

Just picking up on this. If use any money from my treasury even if I have inducement money does that mean you cannoyt hire any loners? Were these loners journeymen, or were they mercenaries you hired?
Jeffthejar

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2017 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

@MrMagic: I believe Medon is referring to the fact that he accidentally/unknowingly spent enough of his treasury in inducements that he simply could not afford to hire the journeyman after the match.

If you use your treasury in addition to your inducement money, you could still hire a journeyman after the match, so long as you can afford him!

It seems that, for whatever reason, there are a lot of coaches who are/were either: unaware of how the new inducement system works in general, and/or how to identify how much money they are spending from their own treasury as opposed to the free inducement money.
paradocks

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2017 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I was still unsure how the current inducements worked, I see it was just a suggestion now Smile Not being able to download the rules for free anywhere is causing most of the confusion I suspect
 Jump to: