26 coaches online • Server time: 09:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should i retire my GR?
yes
35%
 35%  [ 19 ]
no
60%
 60%  [ 32 ]
hmm...
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 53

Markus

Post 5 Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

During my last game my GR suffered a smashed hip (-ma), on a stupid play. He is a sidestep shadowing blodger with 35 spp. Sould I retire him and buy a new one at once, or shall I keep him? My opinion is to retire him immediatly, because ma is important for his skills. If i do so I won't be able to buy a Rat Oger after my next game, as planned. Never coached a skaven team of higher tr than 170, so help me with your experience!! Laughing

The rest of my team:http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=86890

If you choose hmm..., tell me what you're thinking of. Well..., give the reason for yes/no as well.

Thx
Markus
Bendrig

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say no.
It's not that big a hit in efficiency. And a shadowing/sidestepping Gutter will get hit a lot.
Keep him 'till he gets a niggling or so....

save the money 'till then, no need to waste it on a big guy... :p
Bretter

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I would retire him after looking at the rest of your team. Although MA 8 is nice, I'd rather have the 9 MA. You didn't roll any doubles with him, so you can do no worse with a new GR, and you just might get one better. If you ditch him now, your next match will have better cash (theoretically)

Alternatively, you can keep him until your next skill and decide whether to dump him then...
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

As a defensive player, he's still pretty good with MA 8... and as noted, he's going to get hit a lot with sidestep and shadowing. Keep him until he gets another injury, I'd say.

On offense, I'd try not to load him with SPPs under the belief that he'll be the first to get replaced. He'd work great as a middleman in the run/throw/run/handoff/run play.

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah keep him he will take some hits of the other players
Markus

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I know the GR is still a very good defensive player. But If I keep him and don't buy a replacement at once, my next game will be harder and with lower winnings. Replacing him with a new GR would have the bennefit to drop my tr exactly to 150 which means I have +1 on the winnings roll and give up less handicaps on an even matchup str-wise. Additonally I can field a better team in my next game which improves the chance of winning or drawing the next games as well as easier skilling up the replacement. It seems to me that retiring immediatly has benefits on short and long terms.
Uber

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I think he's more valuable than a rookie gutter runner. Sure he lost one MA, but 8 is still pretty fast. Rats die easily, so I'd keep him around until something happens to him. It's always good to have a player who's expandable to try more risky stuff. If he gets a niggle from age or on the pitch, then he'll be good for retirement. You could even use him as line fodder, he'll be able to dodge away after getting blocked and that'll spare a lineman.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

He will also come in a lot lower on the strength calc, for little loss in actual ability. He's still very capable of scoring in two turns, and is still very mobile for defense. I'd keep him for the time being, and just not really attempt to increase him too much.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say retire him....

Buy a new one, let your TR drop.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep him as cannon fodder. Just let him sidestep/shadow around their ball carrier and he will be dead an burried in no time Smile
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, you should keep him.
MA 8 still makes him faster than nearly all the oponents you might meet.
And, as was said, he will get hurt a lot, aquire niggling or may be killed.
(be happy that he didnĀ“t age yet, like my GR tend to do...)

Cool
bluetooth

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep him. Its still a nice player. Keep him until you get someone to replace him or until he gets another injury. If it had been niggle, i would have fired him but MA8 is still good.