22 coaches online • Server time: 07:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2004 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi.

Lol, never tought about MNG's.

Well, for me, a MNG could only be replaced by a FreeBooter. This way, it cost less money, and after a couple of games, you will probably prefer to keep the player that was mng more then the one who replaced him.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2004 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

That sounds fair, free-booters to fill in for MNG's so the roster never goes over 4 permanent players. You should probably updated the rules on the group page though to make sure everyone knows the rule.
celas

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2004 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

What about wizards....they should be banned or else you could start the game down 3-4 players right away....any thoughts?

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2004 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, Wizards could be too powerfull. They are there in the rules normally so that AG teams can have a free shot at breaking a crowded, strong, slow cage. With only 4 player you can't properly cage so they aren't really needed and as you say could be devastating with a bit of luck.
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, no wizards allowed.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2004 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone.

The first round is over. I had to handle 4 forfeits, so I think its good for now.

I have to give warnings to Myrdin, _nimrod_, Pim, ilbarizio and Gil-Galad.

Also, we only have one coach that is officially retiring of the league (without playing her 1st round game, grrrr). So I'll try to find a new coach as soon as possible for this round. Because of that, the round could be a bit longer, or i could be more flexible for the one who will have to play the new team.

Mazzix

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2004 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Tried to get my game against Beater going several times, but our schedules were very incompatible =/. Still, hopefully I'll be able to fit in a game against the next coach up.
Nehver

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I saw that you were looking for replacement coaches... so I applied with my skaven MuskRatTeers! Hope to get in on the action1 Smile
celas

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

YAY Nehver!

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Far out. My lizardman team was playing trog's skaven. I could not believe this. My only skink was Badly hurt during the first round.

Then after trog scored there was a pitch invasion. My krox and my saurus were badly hurt. I only had a saurus left and it was KOed from the pitch invasion.

Ok I should have brought an aproc but did not have the funds to do so before match.

And fair enough none of these were permanet injuries. I just feel like a little bad luck came my way.

Perhaps the pitch invasions are far too savage in this tourne.
Nehver

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay,
I was really looking forward to playing in this tourney... it sounds like alot of fun.
So I applied a few days ago. I've noticed that the founder has been on a few times since
I applied, but has not accepted my team, nor contacted me at all. Is there a problem with t
he team, or are you simply not accepting coaches right now? I really want to play, so please
let me know.
-Nehver
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

nehver don't give up. Mazzix is a little slow.

We may be full but it does rule.

Please see previous message
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah... mmmm... gneee... neeee.... slllllloooooooowwww!!!

Lol.

Sorry Nehver, didnt noticed the application. There should be a auto-PM thing going with applications. Didnt had time to check either these days, was running a lot.

Ok, we got 2 new coaches to replaces 2 retired ones. Ill be comprehensive with the new coaches and allow them to play this round game during the next round (BEFORE the 3rd round game, of course).

League is going well, but there are still some ppl not playing their games. Dont forget that a 4vs4 game is very fast. You dont have to give an hour for it. So giving a 30 minutes MAX to your game with your opponent, into a 7 days space, shouldnt be difficult, no matter the time zones.

Keep it on ppl, the show must go on.

Mazzix

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2004 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

should be 16 team knockout tourney for top 16 teams....especially since there were 50+ teams to start
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2004 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I have some comments regarding the new rule regarding reloading potentially crippling handicap results. Although I've never been in a game yet where this has been an issue, I feel I should point out a few counter arguments.

Although I know firsthand that high TR coaches are discouraged to play lower ones due to the possibly vicious handicaps, I'm not sure limiting their effectiveness is a great idea.

For example, what about when handicaps are not in the least effective? Like getting Sponsorship Deal or the like, which don't affect the game in the slightest? The handicap table is imperfect even in regular games, but the balancing factor is in the number of 'great' vs. 'worthless' handicaps.

Especially in a 4 man team, a high TR team will massively destroy a newer one 9 times out of 10( really 10 times out of 10 but I am counting for horrid luck here) since the loss of a single player can have such a drastic effect. A bad handicap is really the only equalizer a small team has to hope for. I am sure these reload request rules were implemented because people thought that due to the size of teams bad luck on the handicap table could decide the game too easily. But they are 4 man teams - bad luck on a single turn can decide the game just as easily, or on the kickoff. A couple of BH one side and the game is basically over 95% of the time. It's just the nature of 4 vs 4 games.

I guess what I am saying is I think we should have to live with all handicap results - if it means high TR teams don't find games as often, and can't play against smaller teams, isn't that the way it should be? In many ways it is unfair to smaller teams to have bigger teams facing them without the risk of some handicaps, since they stand such a decreased chance of winning anyway. It will tend to keep smaller teams lower in the points ranking because they may only find games with coaches that have rushed to play a lot and have very well developed teams as a result. So the developed teams go higher on the list and the smaller ones stay near the bottom.

I dunno, maybe I'm overlooking something. Any thoughts on this?
 Jump to: