42 coaches online • Server time: 13:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

95% of the time I take +MA, especially on elves- however...

I took +AV on this player and I'm happy with the choice. +MA wouldn't of been better as there's several MA7 players on the team already. His job is on the line of scrimmage and getting in the way of nasty players, but he avoids claw players as much as possible.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
I feel like this thread has been a bit derailed. Or is that just me?

Nope, not just you. Feel like some people have their e-peen extenders working overtime.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
How about taking +AV on the legend gobbo being discussed here:

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=28978&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Exactly. One of those players who could be worth putting +AV on. Though licker claims it can never be worthwhile. There are a few player types listed earlier where it could be useful.
Also note that Licker says to retire 2 skill skaven linerats. So he is looking at it from a hard minmax point of view. You could argue the statistics but there is reasoning for taking it for players like thrall, slayers etc, perhaps as 2nd skill if you like to keep players.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Is +AV worth it? No, not if you're a minmaxer in R ir B. But yes in many other cases Smile
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
Grod wrote:
I feel like this thread has been a bit derailed. Or is that just me?

Nope, not just you. Feel like some people have their e-peen extenders working overtime.

yea, its all gone a bit 5886f4480e746.jpeg
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2017 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Grod wrote:
How about taking +AV on the legend gobbo being discussed here:

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=28978&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Exactly. One of those players who could be worth putting +AV on. Though licker claims it can never be worthwhile. There are a few player types listed earlier where it could be useful.
Also note that Licker says to retire 2 skill skaven linerats. So he is looking at it from a hard minmax point of view. You could argue the statistics but there is reasoning for taking it for players like thrall, slayers etc, perhaps as 2nd skill if you like to keep players.

Retire linemen who get to a 3rd skill without a double (or stat) more generally.

I don't mind a block/wrestle guy who also takes tackle or maybe fend. But after that the returns on G only linemen start to diminish pretty quickly.

It's also not that interesting to keep dirty players who get more skills, maybe you give them wrestle, but after that, really no reason to keep 100k TV foulers around is there?
demigod

Post   Posted: May 30, 2017 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Not to thread necro, but, I'm really enjoying the +AV on my legend gobbo https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=11721974.

Knockdowns are up, knockouts/BHs are down, and I am happy with the choice. I feel that in this one situation taking +AV actually was worth it. That said, I don't see many other situations at all in which I would actually take it on someone.
 Jump to: