35 coaches online • Server time: 11:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2017 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I like to take +av since I mostly play av 7 teams. Their biggest weakness is... ta-da... the armour. So with some decent positioning +av on a few players can change a game for low av teams. That is atleast my experience.
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Naama wrote:

Also... I don't think anyone has ever won anything just by turtling up Very Happy

What? dwarf/orc teams have won many majors because no team could actually de pitch them and they always started a drive with 11 men. Which IMHO is a huge leg up on a critical kick off in the second half in any match up if the other team is short manned.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

licker says never take +AV

Some have said it is situational on the player, like me.

Iam sure some numbnutz who has not posted says to always take +AV.

Some say a skill, which has impact is more important, than +AV or +MA.

In the end......make up your own mind.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

good for jump up players and to bring your lower AV players up to normal AV so they aren't hunted by the opposition looking to take out the easiest target (unless they have claw...then +AV is like a bull's eye).

biggest problem with +av is when they do get hurt...it stings that much more as you paid 30TV for them NOT to get hurt. But it's really nice when it kicks in and saves them.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Big guys, especially the av8 variety, love the +AV on a 6 and 4.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
fidius

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Then again the weak point of a dwarf team in terms of AV are the Runners and the Slayers. Having 9-10 AV runners and slayers is a bad thing? Same goes with the AV8 Orc throwers.

Slayers are an interesting case, because +AV equalizes them with their AV9 brethren, thereby eliminating the incentive to blitz them each and every turn. Plus the frenzeh tends to keep them in contact so they need the protection.

You tend to protect Runners though, so I'd stick with the +MA there.
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:

Well this is interesting.

If you only take the +MA or +AV on a 6/4 or 4/6 roll, you have a 1/12 chance to roll it.

On the 5/5 roll......

Is the double roll > than +Ma or +Av?

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I like taking it on Zombies since they quickly run out of useful skills anyway and they don't really care about +MV as their main job is to take hits. I'm still waiting for a 10AV Zombie... he would be awesome !

Smile
Amir

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
DrDiscoStu wrote:

Well this is interesting.

If you only take the +MA or +AV on a 6/4 or 4/6 roll, you have a 1/12 chance to roll it.

On the 5/5 roll......

Is the double roll > than +Ma or +Av?

Yes, access to a general skill or dodge on a big guy is worth its weight in gold, far more than any mere stat up.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Reliable linefodder can be hard to come by. Then again, there are players that opponents just feel deserve every boot they can get, and AV10 needs some serious gang commitment to ensure a depitching.
Maduro

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I took +AV on a Ghoul for my Undead team. My reasoning was that since he doesn't get to Apo or regen, the extra durability might allow him to stick around longer (both during a game and during the league). In this case, it worked out well and he was still around at the end of the league.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes +AV is a no-brainer. For some reason my teams seem to suffer a ton of -MA penalties. I'll never spend a stat-up to negate a previous injury, as that's just wasted TV. So, when a -MA player rolls 10, its +AV every time (and vice versa).

And Gegessi rocks. It's nice to have a player that will fairly reliably survive LOS duty.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

It's true that AV doesn't directly do a lot (only used for armour rolls) but it can mean the difference between having a player on the pitch or on the sidelines (or on a stretcher... or in a coffin). So it's good in the specific case where the player really needs to stay on the pitch and really doesn't need the extra movement.

Your AV7 bashy teams will do best with this. Norse Linemen are prime candidates because they take a lot of hits and Norse teams have Runners to take care of high-movement tasks. Amazon Linewomen can use it as well, though their whole team is MV6 so unless you wait for a positional player to roll a 10 and give them +MA it's not as clear of a choice as it would be for the Norse Lineman. The positionals for both of those teams can use it too but most of them can also get a lot out of +MA for either ball-handling, positioning (since less players on the team have their abilities), and it can be really nice on Frenzy players if you GFI a lot since you can't Frenzy past your movement + GFI range.

I wouldn't take it on an Elven player though since their AV4 makes it to where they can dodge easily and they should so that they get hit far less often to begin with.

Other players that come to my mind that could use +AV are Minotaurs/Yhetee/any non-AV10 Big Guy, especially ones without AV9 (so long as you keep them near the center of the pitch they can already go to most places they'll ever need to and they'll likely be in lots of fights anyhow) and Thralls (as they also have to deal with the occasional failed Bloodlust roll and thus take more hits than even a standard Lineman).

On last note is that I'd never give an AV10 player +AV since armour rolls operate on a bell curve and thus the more extreme the number (1 & 12 being the most extreme, 7 being the least) the less likely it is that it'll be rolled, so an AV10 player who is given +AV will get less out of it than an AV(<10) player would. Most AV9 & AV10 are low movement anyways and thus are more likely to find +MA useful anyhow.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I took it on a beast of nurgle along with thick skull. He's a pretty hard nut to depitch.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

TKB928 wrote:

On last note is that I'd never give an AV10 player +AV since armour rolls operate on a bell curve and thus the more extreme the number (1 & 12 being the most extreme, 7 being the least) the less likely it is that it'll be rolled, so an AV10 player who is given +AV will get less out of it than an AV(<10) player would.

You can't increase any characteristic to a value greater than 10.
 Jump to: