41 coaches online • Server time: 13:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Matthueycamo wrote:
A version where multiple groups could be selected would be ace like for CIBBL BIBBL.

Either way I tried it out last night and works really great how it is now!

Comma dlim list should do it. Wink

Can we link straight in with the ids on the querystring?

You mean just combining tournaments from different groups by hand? Sorry, won't work. The API requires the corresponding group to the tournaments as parameter. Don't really know why, as the tournamentIds seem to unique on global scope, but that's the way the API is built.

I will think about someting.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack wrote:
koadah wrote:

Matthueycamo wrote:
A version where multiple groups could be selected would be ace like for CIBBL BIBBL.

Either way I tried it out last night and works really great how it is now!

Comma dlim list should do it. Wink

Can we link straight in with the ids on the querystring?

You mean just combining tournaments from different groups by hand? Sorry, won't work. The API requires the corresponding group to the tournaments as parameter. Don't really know why, as the tournamentIds seem to unique on global scope, but that's the way the API is built.

I will think about someting.

No. Not as clever as that.

'Just' a list of groups. So, all the tournaments in those groups. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, so far that does not work. And it is a bit tricky as for the second step you have to know which tournament came from which group.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah. It's the same as you have now but automatic.

For each group get all the tournaments and switch them on automatically. Then go.

That way the users don't have to do anything. The commish sets up the link. Users just follow it.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Since a few minutes a new version is live. You can now enter multiple groupids in the form field.

Since I had to reshuffle a few things in the parameter handling I switched from GET to POST. Meaning that you cannot just create one freaking huge link to bookmark.

I know that this will result in some moaning, but the amount of paramters being passed now makes it the only sensible solution.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, to avoid a s***storm, I just now pushed another update live. Now there is a bookmarkable api call of the form of /tournamentPerformances?groupIds=<list of groupId>

Meaning now you can create a bookmarkable link that will always generate the current total stats of all given groups combined. May god have mercy on us...

On a more serious note, in the meanwhile I got more confident about the stability of the tool and it seems that the parall processing within the tool works in the expected limits and should not stress the FUMBBL website too much.

I still encourage you all to use the "Copy bbcode feature" instead of recalculating the stats everytime again.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

This is amazing! Thanks CJ.

This is a good shout for FUMBBLer of the year!

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it being worked on right now? Just tried to search and it came back with error no group ids present.

DLE College 7s
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, found the error, when you enter a group number for some reason is does this

https://fumbblleaguestats.herokuapp.com/tournaments?groupId=10068

Instead of this

https://fumbblleaguestats.herokuapp.com/tournaments?groupIds=10068

It misses the s off the groupids at the end, if I add the s myself it loads.

DLE College 7s
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, that link should not have been generated since the last version was released. Looks like your browser might have used an old cached version. So I would recommend clearing your browser cache. If you use the website it should not generate an GET requests at all anymore but use POSTs instead.

Anyway, I just now pushed a shiny new version, now it also supports to create stats for teams in a group not just tournaments. There is also a new API call available for that, so you could go and bookmark that. Note that the matches calculation takes significantly longer as there are more matches to process and more requests generated.

This required some reworking of the code, so far everything seems to work fine, but I might have borken something.

So now I just have to wait for you to come up with more freakishly abnormal feature requests *glares at kodah*

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Great stuff indeed!!!!

I have put my coaches on to it. Mr. Green

I really wasn't expecting the teams in a group to get done. It worked fine for 145 Club but choked on Secret League Open

I guess Secret League Open may have to live without that one.

Many thanks all the same! Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Just had a look into for the last 30 minutes or so. The problem is that processing all the matches for all the teams just takes longer than heroku allows the request to take. I tied some optimizations but to no avail.

So i think there are the following options:

- try a bigger dyno that _might_ process it in time, but no guarantee it does and it would require monthly payments, which i am currently not up to
- rewrite the code (maybe even in another language) hoping to improve the peformance enough, might give it a try sometime in the future but not now
- try hosting it on another provider, this might impose other limitations, it might work to run it on the fumbbl servers but I will not pester christer about it, as he has enough to do already

So yeah, currently it seems that really huge groups will not be able to use that feature. You could try splitting those groups and then combine the resulting bbcode tables manually.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks

No worries. It will work for the vast majority of groups. Now that we can combine groups we can get all the tournament stats.

Great stuff.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, Would it be possible to have the same tables but for teams instead of players in the future.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Would that really have much benefit? Touchdowns and Cas can be seen on tournament/team pages. Are other stats like rushing/passing really that useful on a team level?

The issue is, that due to the fact how the data has to be aggregated such an evaluation would have to be placed on top of the current algorithm, meaning that it would take even longer to calculate.

I don't think this makes sense as long as we are stuck with the heroku limits.

Jump to: