38 coaches online • Server time: 12:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Endzone

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2017 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Great job, love it.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: May 09, 2017 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

In these moments a new version of the stats tool is deployed. It contains a bugfix concerning team based statistics.

ramchop brought a weird discrepancy between the generated stats and those shown on fumbbl for a certain player. after some investigation i discovered that the API I used to collect the match performances has a small bug that causes some matches to be reported twice.

For the techies: matches for teams can be queried by paged API. But when you query e.g. page 2 it also contains the last match from page 1 as the first element. This is a behaviour I did not expect and did not test against explicitly.

So the version being live now, should handle this correctly, at least my local tests have been successful.

That means if you used the data from the team based stats you might have to regenerate those to be sure they are indeed correct.

My apologies if this causes any trouble for you.

Should you encounter any other weird results or something that seems outright wrong, please contact me and I will try to fix it.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

FRSHMN pointed out a bug in the bbcode generation for team links. I just pushed a fix live for this and since I was at it I also added a caching mechanism for the stats.

This means the following. The generated stats are cached for 30 minutes now. Meaning that multiple calls to the page for the same tournaments/teams within that timespan to not trigger requests to FUMBBL. That is more a nice safety for FUMBBL, but it also has another benefit.

Before this there were some groups like secret league that caused the request to timeout, meaning you could not get stats for those groups. This is a problem with heroku, the platform on which the service is running, cutting of the browser connection after 30 seconds. But the code did complete in the background, at least I am very certain it did, it was just not able to deliver it to the browser. Now with the cache in place the response is stored there and a second request will then receive it.

So for those of you facing this problem that means, when you get that timeout, wait like a minute or so, hit the back button of your browser and then click on the submit button again. If everything works as I exepct you should then get the stats. In case you get a timeout again you might have to wait a bit longer.

Please let me know if that works for you guys.

Jump to: