59 coaches online • Server time: 23:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2017 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Can a bomber use the jump up skill to stand and throw a bomb? I ask because he would not have used any movement to stand up.

Easy question, but I cannot find the answer.
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2017 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

he can't on here. But never understood why.
if a chainsaw can do it, Daggers can do it. Then surely a bomber should be able to as well

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2017 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Bombardier (Extraordinary)
A coach may choose to have a Bombardier who is not Prone or Stunned throw a bomb instead of taking any other Action with the player

Since "prone" is named here, I guess the answer is "no". Also "throw a bomb" replaces "anny other action". So I guess you have to see it as an "action" by itself. This means that all the rules for declaring action applies (according to me).

Start your activiation: state "Throw a Bomb" ... the moment the guy is "prone", this activation can't be performed. So You have to do something else with him. It's a bit like announcing a blitz with a stunned guy... it just can't happen.

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2017 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Stanley wrote:
he can't on here. But never understood why.
if a chainsaw can do it, Daggers can do it. Then surely a bomber should be able to as well

Stab (Extraordinary)
A player with this skill is armed with something very good at stabbing, slashing or hacking up an opponent, like sharp fangs or a trusty dagger.
This player may attack an opponent with their stabbing attack instead of throwing a block at them.

Chainsaw (Extraordinary)
A player armed with a chainsaw must attack with it instead of making a block as part of a Block or Blitz Action

Chainsaw and Stab work diffrently then "bombardier". They also don't exclude starting the action with being "prone" like bombardier does in the ruleset.

Also Stab + Chainsaw replace the "block" part of the action (if the action is block, it still replaces the block...). These characters can still choose between actions they pick, they can choose "block" or "blitz" ... and the only thing that changes is that when they throw block dice, they throw an armour roll instead. So it doesnt replace the full action, just 1 bit of it (block dice -> armour dice).

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2017 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool. Perfectly clear answer. Thank you.
 Jump to: