20 coaches online • Server time: 06:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What would you take as a normal legend skill?
Tackle - You can never have too much.
29%
 29%  [ 10 ]
Side Step - On S4 it is annoying
32%
 32%  [ 11 ]
Sure Feet - Get in range for throws or score
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Kick - The team kicker is about to die
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Leap - Because it is the coolest skill
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Something else
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
E.L.F Pie
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 34

tussock

Post   Posted: May 04, 2017 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick-Off Return.

Great for that one-turn play after they grind in their only TD of the match, and in general to get the ball where you need it after tough kicks. Also helps against a lot of Blitz! results by getting a ST 4 near the ball with move to spare.

Post   Posted: May 04, 2017 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
+1 for Tackle/Side Step. Sure Feet is nice, too.

Initially I would have taken Tackle, but considering how many great and specialized blitzer you already have (although none with ST 4), I think she's better of with Side Step, giving her better mobility, helping her to avoid getting caught when carrying the ball and being a player hard to deal with when she's marking someone. With ST 4 and Side Step, blocking her will be both, difficult and risky and a 1db will rarely be worth it (while right now pushing her away might be a good idea).

So I voted Side Step in the end.

If you don't use her a lot for marking and staying in contact, Sure Feet is a good option, it also helps with the passing play and with carrying the ball forward a bit quicker.

Thus far, she has not taken many hits while carrying the ball. With S4 it usually takes 3 players to get a reliable block on her. If the opponent had devoted that much attention to her, normally I can free someone up as a receiver to score. On the other hand if they don't try to bring her down, I will work my way to the endzone with her.
delusional

Post   Posted: May 04, 2017 - 07:23 Reply with quote Back to top

"Thus far, she has not taken many hits while carrying the ball. With S4 it usually takes 3 players to get a reliable block on her. If the opponent had devoted that much attention to her, normally I can free someone up as a receiver to score. On the other hand if they don't try to bring her down, I will work my way to the endzone with her."

Which is why I would say Dump off!

Ok, look at your options.

KOR is BAD. This player is legend now and you may not want them getting +1 for passing the ball all the time. You have an offensive thrower, not a defensive one. This is the person who gets the ball when it springs free near the line NOT the person you want bringing the ball back.

I would choose Dump off, why because it would pose a big ? on this player. You have a Str4 player who is going to be very tough to get the ball out of. You need 3 players or a str4 blocker with one assist to wressle the ball out of her. If you then have the opposition committing this many players to her then they can't commit to the ones that surround her.

Alternatives:

Tackle, this player is No longer your main thrower and is there to give the opposing ball handler grief.

NOS, You are now a harrassment free zone and can get closer to the catcher by even moving next to enemy players (marking any chasers).

SS, just put this player next to the enemy ball carrier to add interference. Pity the poor coach who blocks you.
Kondor

Post   Posted: May 04, 2017 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

@Delusional

Agreed KOR is bad. Most matches it it used once or twice per match and as any elf can pick up the ball, someone should be in range to clear it from danger. Blitzes are a pain no matter what skills you have.

Tackle - With tackle, this is still my only thrower and main ball handler. With sure hands and her other skills she is easily still best suited to cary on the team.

NOS is similar to sure feet. I can pass out of trouble and move next to someone to throw. Normally I would rather dodge out of danger and avoid putting my elves in contact with a standing opponent whenever possible.

I briefly considered dump-off. The thing is this is just planning to get hit. Again she does not take many hits. If there is a threat to the ball carrier that I cannot mitigate, it is time to try and score.

Side Step - I have three side steppers. If I could get side-step and tackle on this player I would do it.
Kondor

Post   Posted: May 04, 2017 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to all of you for thoughtfully considering this question. In the end I chose Side Step. I am sure there will be times I love it and others where I regret it but you cannot have everything.

Thanks again.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: May 04, 2017 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Always a hard choice between Side Step and Tackle for Elves. Smile
Guardikai

Post   Posted: May 04, 2017 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice choice. Your 3 tacklers should be up to the job and you can build more. SS will really help her in difficult situations.
licker

Post   Posted: May 04, 2017 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

ST4 blodge/ss is such an effective player on defense though. When you have to mark the cage, or get someone in position to block off an area it's much more difficult for many teams to deal with that player.

Tackle is also obviously great for dealing with break aways, or getting that extra umph for hitting an opponents ST4 blodger, but I don't think you'll regret it ultimately.

Also, it's always nice to have 3+ side step/stand firm to make one turning 'almost' impossible Smile
 Jump to: