19 coaches online • Server time: 04:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Squiggy

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem I'm coming across here is that, in ranked anyways, your team rating stays the same no matter what you buy, but your strength rating doesn't. And this creates the possibility of the game not being allowed to be registered.

My goblins often have to have a mismatched TR or TS, so that I'm either giving away handicaps to balance strength, or giving up strength to balance TR. If I go the second option, and someone hires a star player (which is dispicable against goblins anyways, unless you're halflings, but that's another story), then that could boost his TS over the +40 limit.

Now, I have never had a problem with that before. but I think it would be at least common courtesy to inform your opponent that you plan to hire somebody. Or better yet, do all your hiring after your last match, except that isn't always an option. You wouldn't hire the same players against a necromantic team as you would a halfling team!

Cederlund

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

how about someone makes a addon for the client, that allows you to freeboot stuff from inside the client, before the game starts, but after both connect?
m0nty

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

This will all be solved with the Vault rules and the inducement system. All we have to do is wait for them to settle down into something fairly stable, so that SkiJunkie can have something to implement (once he has the time). There is no telling when either of those things will happen, but keep an eye open for something in the next month or two.
Kanzo

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It's very sorry to hire some stuff or Starplayers without telling it to your opponent, even if it's correct applying rules. I think that Alibaba made all you deserved.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2004 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Quod wrote:
In RL and lrb, your opponent tells you what they are buying. Someone turning up to a game in fumbbl without telling you what they are doing is cheating, no doubt about it. If they told you they are going to spend money, or what they are going to spend it on, it's not cheating. Because THAT is the same as a RL game.

You have to tell them what you are buying during the pre-match (hire stars/wizards/freebooters) sequence at which point they cant back out because the game has already technically started.

Read the rules before you comment. Rolling Eyes
Tank

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2004 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Excerpt from FUMBBL Rules
Starting matches:
A game is considered to have started at the moment the clients connect. At this point you are committed to the game and must play it out. Note that this includes scenarios where your opponent purchased new players after the mutual agreement to play. This rule does not apply if any of the participants connects with a team other than the one the game was agreed on.

It might not seem fair to agree to play a team and then have the coach of that team alter their roster/rooster but you've got to play on regardless.

My own opinion is that coachs should or rather need to simply ask if the other coach intends on spending his money prior to connection, even though this could raise more issues in itself. Wink

I've never purchased stars/wizards/R-Rolls or anything for that matter immediately prior to a match, but i have been asked and do ask occasionally if my opponent will by ANYTHING prior to connecting.