28 coaches online • Server time: 03:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is the age of Legends over?
Yes
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
No
83%
 83%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 48

PainState

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Age of Legends has ended?

With the new BB2016 MVP assignment rules, IMHO, it makes no sense to ever nominate a player with 76+ SPP ever again. Thus those players will only make Legend after a very long grind, getting SPP organically and not getting that 5 SPP every once in a whille.

Taking it one step further...Why ever nominate a player sitting at 52 SPP?

Focus all the MVP on the 0-49 SPP players. Ideally if you have 3 players who will get a skill up at the end of the match with a MVP...you nominate those 3 players.

Even with out the 'season end' mechanic I think we are going to see a reduction in the # of legend players across the board. Coupled with the fact it will take a large volume of games on most players to then achieve legend which means there is a higher % of those players getting killed or maimed to the point of retirement.

What do you guys think?

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 00:58
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Certainly at 76+ and maybe 51+ players will not get their 1/11 shot at mvp anymore. But when they get close to the next step, say 161+ or 66+ they may get a 1/3 shot. So a slow down in mvps yes, but not a complete banishment.

One of my favourite League players just hit 160 and I considered it (didn't tick the box though)
Guardikai

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there will be a reduction, but it won't change the fact that players with more SPPs and therefore skills/stats tend to get more done. This, in turn, often awards them further SPP over their less developed team mates.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we will see a lot more 4ag and a lot fewer st access players with 176 spp now that PO is gone
Kondor

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I like legends so the new rules make it easier for me to create them. Also once they reach legend they will never steal an MVP again.

Last edited by Kondor on %b %05, %2017 - %11:%May; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Guardikai wrote:
I think there will be a reduction, but it won't change the fact that players with more SPPs and therefore skills/stats tend to get more done. This, in turn, often awards them further SPP over their less developed team mates.

I've developed a good amount of legend players and the thing that most of them have in common is +AG, +MA and MB. I agree, a reduction but we'll still see em and they'll rock.
Kammo22

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I think dedicated killer super star can relatively easily get to average of 2 SPP / match and that would mean "only" 50 games from super star to legend, most likely less than that if he gets nominated as MVP for those last ~15 SPP or has even some luck in making casualties.

Ball carrier super star that makes one TD per match will need a little over 30 matches, even less if he farms passes or does his scoring duties well. Doesn't sound too long grinding to me.
tussock

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Some player types, especially with a few stats and/or doubles, are much better with the legend skill. Most of them will still make legend in under 30 games from superstar even without being targeted for MVPs, because stat freaks get things done.

Linemen with ordinary skills, they will struggle to make it to 51. Zoe may be among the last of her kind, and it's very tempting to push her on to legend just for that reason.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Lack of occasional MVP won't change much for successful superstars getting their TDs or casualties. Especially if they were nominated for some MVPs earlier at a lower skill level which balances it out.
Season rules could limit legends where it is applied in short seasons, such as leagues, though.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I count on the mvp here and there to rise more Legendary Skeletons !
Teams that don't have positionnals that do all the job need this "targeted" mvp.
And on a fluffy approach, a super star that did all the work to win a game should be one of the 3 lucky players nominated for the mvp Cool
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, not at all.

Ball players will still score, killers will still cas. Perhaps the latter at a reduced rate, but they will still be protected, which was what got them to legend, not just a vastly increased kill-rate because of PO/cpomb.

Also, it does quite frequently make sense to nominate these players - it is rather racially dependent, but while elves, orcs or dwarves can usually make reasonable use of +5spp to a lino, it's not always the case for everyone else.

eg. I would nominate a wolf on 51spp over a wight on 32spp 8 times out of 10 if that wolf did not have mighty blow. A 5 skill wolf is a tremendous player even if it's all singles, and if he's not got mb, my wight with mb/tackle/guard is plenty useful as he is, and is just as likely to hit 51spp around the same time the wolf gets to 76spp (feed whichever one lags a bit with TDs).

I honestly don't see why people are so keen to apply constraining dogmas to a game that thrives on adaptability.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

No, I don't think the age of legends is over. 2 main reasons:

1) The removal of PO and associated loss of attrition will make it more likely that high-spp players will live to reach their legend skill.

2) For coaches that want to develop a legend, the new MVP rule will make it easier.

I don't think we will be seeing more legends, but the age of legends is far from over. I'll be glad to see fewer cheesy CPOMB 'legends' though .. Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Nextflux

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:

I don't think we will be seeing more legends, but the age of legends is far from over. I'll be glad to see fewer cheesy CPOMB 'legends' though .. Wink

Thank you God, Jesus and all others, AMEN!

attitude on players also seems to have a higher standard now than before, goooooodbye moron coaches!
(who will miss you?)
--
anyway, creating legends is easier I think, I usually give the MVP to players who need it, if no one needs it much I usually give it to a player who has many ssp, there is an aspect of it to develop them instead of developing new ones, because of TV increase.. sometimes it can w8 a little.
Hollaender

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
I like legends so the new rules make it easier for me to create them. Also once they reach legend they will never steal an MVP again.

Unless you want the legend to become a nr1 all-star in top lists :p

Therefor its even usefull
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:

I honestly don't see why people are so keen to apply constraining dogmas to a game that thrives on adaptability.

To keep themselves from being overwhelmed with fuzzy decisions.
 Jump to: