30 coaches online • Server time: 08:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
I would rather have dice images that are
Painted, yellow stars and blue arrows to match the client and dice from previous years.
57%
 57%  [ 48 ]
Unpainted – white images as shown in the picture below.
42%
 42%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 84

spubbbba

Post   Posted: May 09, 2017 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I have the dice now and have been asked questions about them via a few different mediums, so thought I’d start a new thread where I can post updates and answer queries.

I am also adding a poll as some people have asked about getting unpainted dice. Something to bear in mind is that I’ll put all the dice up at the same time. So this is only if you genuinely prefer the all white option to the yellow stars and blue arrows. I’m afraid you’ll still have to wait for me to complete the painting and use the order thread with everyone else like last year.

If I leave say 10 sets of each unpainted then it does mean they will be ready to go on sale earlier. Doing that is not too much of an issue as I can always paint them later if needed. However I can’t really undo painting if there is demand for white sets which is what the poll is for.

I will have the following available at a cost of £13 + postage:

• 40 Black Opaque (20 painted)
  • 30 Red Pearl (15 painted)
  • 30 Green Pearl (15 painted)

There are also a small amount of spares of each colour to replace any sets lost in the post.

Below is the planned timeline

• Order and pay for dice – complete
  • Dice arrive – complete 8/5/17
  • Paint arrows blue and stars yellow – in progress (I need to paint up a load more still)
  • Announce dice are ready for sale a week in advance - complete 11/6/17
  • An order thread will be opened in the forum for 48 hours like this one from 2016 - complete and now closed
  • I will then assign the dice to maximise the number of people who get them, last year over 90 coaches bought dice so only a handful of people got more than 1 set. Preference will be given to early posters with choices and any allocations of 2nd sets. - complete 26/6/17
  • Once this is done I will send an invoice by PM to all successful coaches. - complete 26/6/17
  • Those coaches will have 1 week to pay via paypal, PM’s will confirm when payment is received. - in progress
  • Should any dice not be paid for within that week those will be offered in this thread for a 24 hour period in the same way to the order thread.
  • Dice are wrapped up and posted, PMs will be updated to confirm this.
  • Coaches have 1 month to contact me about dice missing in the post and I will either send out replacements or offer a refund. After 1 month I can only offer refunds.
  • Any spares not needed as replacements will go up on e-bay via auctions open to everyone.

Please post any questions in this thread and I’ll answer them.

You will need a Fumbbl account to buy these dice and paypal so bear that in mind. I will update this thread at regular intervals but also major announcements and reminders on twitter so you can follow me here.

Last edited by spubbbba on Jul 02, 2017 - 21:32; edited 4 times in total
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: May 09, 2017 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Great idea about supplying unpainted... You could even do a tutorial to show aspiring painters how they should go about painting their own dice, and importantly, what to avoid!

Post   Posted: May 09, 2017 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea Spubbbba, I'd be perfectly happy painting my own, and if some of us do that I imagine it will save you hundreds of dice sides! Don't imagine they need shading or highlighting anyway? If they are usually painted in plain colours then they should be fairly easy for folks to paint?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 09, 2017 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea, indeed!

Perhaps I'm stretching it a bit, but I think the red pearl ones might even work better unpainted. If the inlays are plain, the dice bodies being busier than plain opaque might mean that it's easier to instantly recognise what has been rolled and make them more practical?

I'll be following with interest, anyway. I used my square dice until the paint smudged to the point they were illegible, now my rounded black ones are seeing heavy use. I'd be mad not to invest in a third set. Wink
LonGusBarbe

Post   Posted: May 09, 2017 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks and good idea

happy to paint myself dice Wink

1 Black Opaque set for me please
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 09, 2017 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

LonGusBarbe wrote:
thanks and good idea

happy to paint myself dice Wink

1 Black Opaque set for me please

Unfortunately, if you are like me, I tend to hold my dice in my hands a lot. So I have to repaint them anyways. Might as well keep them white in my mind. Great idea though.

Jeffro
psychopanda

Post   Posted: May 09, 2017 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

What type of paint were the originals painted with? I think I would just paint them myself.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

psychopanda wrote:
What type of paint were the originals painted with? I think I would just paint them myself.

I used a standard GW paint for the yellow and mixed the blue from several GW paints.

Thanks for the feedback so far, though please vote on what you prefer. The amount of work for me is pretty much the same whatever option is chosen.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Unpainted red pearl for me, mister.

My vote made it a 50/50 split!

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I would also be interested in an unpainted set in red pearl.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Id buy a set of all three
JLPetru

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be very interested in the pearl red and pearl green. Unpainted would be preferable.

Trigger finger ready to hit the PayPal.

Last edited by JLPetru on May 12, 2017 - 17:26; edited 1 time in total
krom72

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

i would be very happy for all or any unpainted or painted set of dices (?!!)
though my preference would go to red unpainted
ceetee

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

My preference is red painted, please.
_NoA_

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

1 Black Opaque set for me(unpainted),
Thanx !!
 Jump to: