62 coaches online • Server time: 20:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

AzraelEVA wrote:
Jeffthejar wrote:
I wonder if the wizard (if the wiz does make a return) will have any differences from what it was in CRP, or if it will be the same Confused hmmm

It will probably be very different or else they wouldn't have removed it in the first place.
Maybe every team gets a different wizard.

i just hope the bring zap back. they wont do racial wizard imo, and if they do they will be declared house rules only.

the proper wizard i suspect will be as it was with zzaaaap (fingers crossed)

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

oh my. that's going to be somewhat ...interesting... to implement.
Jeffthejar

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Zap was the old "transform-someone-into-a-frog" move, right, or something like that?
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

exactly
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeffthejar wrote:
Zap was the old "transform-someone-into-a-frog" move, right, or something like that?

Does that mean it won't have any effect on Slann then? Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:

I'm sending a 100 KG bag of coffee your direction Kalimar.
Jeffthejar

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, of course the Zap! would have an effect on Slann... Slann coaches will take a wiz and target their own Krox with it to give him VLL and Leap! Laughing
kummo

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
Jeffthejar wrote:

Does that mean it won't have any effect on Slann then? Wink

I haven't played old versions myself but i have heard much about them. And i believe "frog" here is actually snotling (now "runt").. a st1 piece

So i believe that slann will turn into snotlings.

And if that is the case then snotlings ("runts") are are "immune" to it (but would you really "zap" a snotling anyway??.. there are much bigger and important targets to zap on that team)

update: friend of mine found info about special playcard that turns oppo player in frog.. statline is as follows:

Quote:
4144, Dodge, Leap, No Hands, Stunty, Titchy
Garion

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Kalimar wrote:

I'm sending a 100 KG bag of coffee your direction Kalimar.

the frog wasnt the only bit that was tricky, if it missed it then scattered about until it hit something else sometimes.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
the frog wasnt the only bit that was tricky, if it missed it then scattered about until it hit something else sometimes.

and if the player who turns frog had ball, ball has to scatter (since frog has no hands and no hands player can't have ball)..
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: May 11, 2017 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Eh. Surely it's more likely the wizard is simply more expensive.

(Although I would love to see zap back).

I'm also not so sure this will be when he re-appears. Wizards is much more... Dungeonbowl-y.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2017 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be a bit surprised if there is no extra wiz options for some races.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2017 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The Wizard is already there in the special play cards in BB2016, there's a fireball card, a lightning bolt card, and a zap card. I don't really see that it needs to come back in another form, we just need a deck that includes effects that good for something like 200k a card.

"Just", he says, with a knowing smirk. Poor Kalimar. Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 12, 2017 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to seeing if wizard is included and how that looks. I've been buying loads of cards but man... I miss the wiz!

Regardless, will be buying that ASAP. Thanks for sharing.

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
AzraelEVA

Post   Posted: May 13, 2017 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/DEATH-ZONE-SEASON-TWO-ENG-2017
In Blood Bowl Death Zone Season Two you’ll find:

- New teams! Included are rules for Underworld Denizens, Goblins and Chaos Renegades
- 12 Star Players – Dwarf, Skaven, Dark Elf, High Elf, Wood Elf, Amazon, Human, Halfling, Lizardmen, Vampire, Goblin, Chaos Renegade and Norse teams are covered – with background, new artwork and rules for use in games;
- New optional rules! Do you want to keep a Star Player in your team for a while? Now you can have them stick around for a much-needed boost. Running short on gold? Sponsorship deals can help out, if you don’t mind swallowing your pride and shilling McNurty’s Burger Emporium. Looking for a stadium residency? Make enough gold and you can buy your own!
- Rules for well-known referees and coaching staff, with their own quirks and specialities, and rules for different stadium and pitch types;
- History and team rosters for 6 new Hall of Fame entries – The Warpfire Wanderers, The Greenboyz, The Grudgebearers, The Celestial Comets, Chaos All-Stars and The Underworld Creepers;
- The Official Blood Bowl reference guide – an up-to-date summary of available teams, and a Skills Update featuring some corrections, clarifications and new skills following feedback from the Blood Bowl community;
- A ton of all-new background content detailing key teams, players and events in the history of Blood Bowl; facts and figures that every fan needs to know.

On the pictures there are:
Karla von Kill a Starplayer that plays for Halfling Norse Amazons and Human teams with St4 Ag 3 Ma6 Av8 with Dauntless Blodge and Jump up
A picture about the Grudge Bearers
And a picture detailing how to own a stadium.
Playing in your Home stadium gives you the following benefits. If the home team wins you add d3*10 000 Gold to their winnings if they lose they lose d3*10 000 Gold from their winnings. The opponents of the home team gets 50 000 inducement gold
If a player of the home team is pushed off the pitch roll a d6 on a 5 or 6 the player is safeguarded.

All in all it looks like Death Zone Season two revolves more around the being a Coach aspect of the game.
 Jump to: