43 coaches online • Server time: 11:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AzraelEVA

Post   Posted: May 18, 2017 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

He is very similar to the Squig Hoppers in the Secret League.
https://fumbbl.com/help:SquigT
Stottie

Post   Posted: May 18, 2017 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Missed out the Swift Twins -

HE, WE, ELF ,390,000 - 7348 block MB tackle loner + 7357 ACC, NoS, Pass, Safe throw, surehands
Garion

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

AzraelEVA wrote:
He is very similar to the Squig Hoppers in the Secret League.
https://fumbbl.com/help:SquigT

Yeah I liked how closely the new Squig fits with SL squigs, in fact there are a number of things that have fallen in to place by complete chance.

Squids background matches up with my sea elf and nautican team. The Fimir now have a team name to add to the secret League background. There is a new Dwarf Zhufbar Engineers team and so on.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm happy to convert a Squig starplayer, I just don't think I'd ever use it Very Happy
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 00:14
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

M access will be on doubles. I don't know that for a fact. But I know they wouldn't make a change that big. All roster changes are seemingly being done with a mentality of 'do not rock the boat'.

That's a shame. M access on the bigs is all Pact really need to make them decent, and it's fun and fluffy.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Chaos Pact now have an Orc lineman with Mutation access.

av9 claw/mb FTW

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I can confirm that for a fact now, sadly linemen have p access too Sad never liked that.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Pact LoS of Troll Orc Ogre seems decent.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 01:21
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
...The new B&C isn't going to replace Fezglitch, for instance, you just have two to choose from now...

Wouldn't it be amazing if this extra B&C star player was hire-able by goblins? 3 at ONCE!
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
zara with not stab and stake = what is the point?
]

zara never had a point, cept to pudgy virgin BBRC guys that salivated over Sara Michelle Gellar.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:
...The new B&C isn't going to replace Fezglitch, for instance, you just have two to choose from now...

Wouldn't it be amazing if this extra B&C star player was hire-able by goblins? 3 at ONCE!

I played at Zlurpeebowl last year and brought a "For The Love Of The Game" team - Goblin Cheaters. No trolls... but Zlurpee has a B&C Star Player, so I was able to have three on the pitch at once. Going into the tourney I thought it would be so fun and cool.

I camped at the bottom table. Owned it. Paid off the mortgage on my chair at the bottom table. I lost 0-3 to halflings on the bottom table. So while I had lots of fun modeling up three different B&C players, painting them, and placing them on the pitch before the game started... it was, shall we say, a less than ideal team build Wink
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Honestly I think he is a really good player, look at the options the High Elves have in that price range currently, this guy is a seriously good deal. He is good for providing assists and screen support, and with that speed has potential to turn defence in to attack.

I would rather this guy than someone with block as you are high elf so should already have 2 Blitzers on the field. Dodge is something a rookie HElf team does not start with.

Add in that for a LONER... he has 2 built in automatic reroll skills. His LONER trait will not stop Sure Feet for kicking in or Dodge when he GFIs or Dodges.

He can be used for support... somebody has to be in the front of that cage... somebody has to keep up with your rookie Catcher that is trying to score. OR he can be used to SCORE if you need the TD to win.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

While the goblin changes seem pointless I have to say it looks like they've nailed it with the stars, hall of fame and optional rules

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Garion wrote:
Chaos Pact now have an Orc lineman with Mutation access.

av9 claw/mb FTW

They don't have S access though. So will require a double to get this combo. I doubt the min maxers of the world will use their orc for anything other than getting hit on LoS

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I’m not nearly as down on the Goblin stuff as you are. I think you have to remember that we (me, you, those reading these words) are hardcore BB meganerds. We see a thing and we think ‘Is that value for money? How do I squeeze it into my build? What is the power level of this thing? Let me crunch the numbers for the OTS with this guy vs. a normal Goblin’, etc. We are a tiny percentage of people that will buy / that care about BB; most of the target audience are probably already desperate for Ooligan miniatures. I can assure you that the moment the Goblin stuff is released, I will see it live in the flesh and people will be ravenous to get Ooligans and Doom Divers on the pitch. If the many (the casual BBers) love them and the few (the hardcore) are unaffected, that’s a win, I think. They’re totally inoffensive, they’re not going to ruin our fun and they’ll add to that of others. A good outcome? I don’t even know if I’m unaffected yet, I certainly have half an eye on an Ooligan…

I agree the stars have been well done (really enjoying the price points), and the optional stuff leaked so far looks fluffy and flavourful. When you get out of the core rules and into the ‘optional’ section, I think we can be super relaxed. It’s about giving commissioners a menu to help people have fun, but it won’t affect the hardcore if they don’t want it to.

It’s 80 pages long, this thing. We’ve not seen it all (apart from those lucky few that seem to have had favourable deliveries – booooo, where is mine?!), but from what we have seen, it looks a good release. Let’s get all of the positivity out now before the inevitable forum meltdown tomorrow! Very Happy
 Jump to: