38 coaches online • Server time: 13:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kaijudo

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2017 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all... I'm new here and new to Blood Bowl (Got the 2016 version). I like the Fumbbl application, but was disappointed to learn I couldn't download the client to play offline with friends in some kind of hot seat mode. I did find an app (JavaBBowl) that runs a lot like Fumbbl, infect I think Fumbble may have branched off from the app, they're so close to each other. The app is cool but I noticed it gets bugged when you make the screen bigger, some of the sprites turn into circles with numbers on them. I made this long post just to ask one question lol, is there a way I can import the sprites from fumble into the other JavaBBowl.

P.S. I know people love Fumbbl and want to see the community grow. I'm not here looking to not ever play Fumbbl, I plan to be an active member on this site, I just want a working offline client for those days I may want to play locally at home offline.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2017 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

JavaBBowl was what FUMBBL used to use, before the current client.
Kaijudo

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2017 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Calthor wrote:
JavaBBowl was what FUMBBL used to use, before the current client.
Ah..... so do you use JavaBBowl, and if so do you know how to fix that bug, or is there anyway I can fix the file that has the sprites in it?
Kryten

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2017 - 18:36
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

You need to include the correct size sprites in your javabbowl folder so that when you choose the large pitch option javabbowl finds the image files it is looking for. If you look in your javabbowl folder you will find lots of normal size images, but you'll be missing the larger images the javabbowl wants to use.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2017 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Please note that JavaBBowl is based on an old ruleset (LRB4).

Edit: let me recommend arry's Chantry Fantasy Football instead of JavaBBowl:

http://cff-arry.rhcloud.com/

If you go towards its Bitbucket site you can read how to install it locally.

Last edited by SzieberthAdam on Feb 05, 2017 - 19:07; edited 3 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2017 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

is this hipster BB?

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2017 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
is this hipster BB?

Properly hipster. It's nearly green text on a black screen levels of hipster. It's so hipster they only "officially" test on Linux.
Kaijudo

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2017 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for yout help, Calthor, Kryten, SzieberthAdam. I'm going to look into those tips. Nice meet you guys and nice meeting you too pythrr and ignatzami.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2017 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're using javabowl, how are you getting around the java issue? Javabowl doesn't use modern java, so you're forced to use a version from 6 or 7 years ago.

The client comes in 3 sizes and for each client you need an icon set. If you're looking for icons or pitches I can let you know what is available.....or what I have anyway.

Although fumbbl doesn't have an offline mode, it does have a hotseat mode. See here for details. https://fumbbl.com/help:Test+mode

Personally, for customization I still think javabowl is the best....and as a ruleset I think lrb4 is the best too. Although a lot of the stuff added afterwards is cool. Unfortunately trying to code onto javabowl is all but impossible. The codes a real mess.

There are other options with more modern rulesets BOTOCS and Grodbowl https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Grod&id=8461 Both use more modern rulesets and java, but aren't quite as customization friendly as javabowl.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2017 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, BOTOCS is fine, I can also recommend it.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2017 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
If you're using javabowl, how are you getting around the java issue? Javabowl doesn't use modern java, so you're forced to use a version from 6 or 7 years ago.

The client comes in 3 sizes and for each client you need an icon set. If you're looking for icons or pitches I can let you know what is available.....or what I have anyway.

Although fumbbl doesn't have an offline mode, it does have a hotseat mode. See here for details. https://fumbbl.com/help:Test+mode

Personally, for customization I still think javabowl is the best....and as a ruleset I think lrb4 is the best too. Although a lot of the stuff added afterwards is cool. Unfortunately trying to code onto javabowl is all but impossible. The codes a real mess.

There are other options with more modern rulesets BOTOCS and Grodbowl https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Grod&id=8461 Both use more modern rulesets and java, but aren't quite as customization friendly as javabowl.
Thanks for all the info.

OK so the Java version thing, I have no idea lol. All I can tell you is I know I downloaded the latest Java cause I play a lot of minecraft, you need your java up to date, but I haven't had any Java probs with JavaBowl at all (knock on wood)

Yes I'd like to have more info on what I need to make JavaBowl work better. follow up question to JavaBowl: I see it has options you can turn on and off, so is there some way to play like a free mode where I can just play with out any rules scripting? that way I can play Blood Bowl with any rule set I want.

I'm going to look into BOTOCS and Grodbowl too... the more clients the better lol. I only have the current version of Blood Bowl, I like those rules a lot, even thought I can't compare it to the other rules cause I never played them, but what ever the name of the current rules are (the 2016 version of Blood Bowl) I like those a lot. I got a little look at 1st ever rules, it seems like a totally different game, seems like it has a lot of s#^!% going on in it lol
Grod

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2017 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Grod&id=14742

Link to a client you can download and play hotseat or vs AI

Oscar Wilde
Kaijudo

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2017 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Grod&id=14742

Link to a client you can download and play hotseat or vs AI
Thanks. I'm downloading it now. Is there a way to play human vs human?
Kaijudo

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2017 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh never mind I see you can play Human vs Human
mikere

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2017 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Another alternative to achieve what I think you want is to start a league with your friends and then play league games with them. Be aware, however, that initially this could kick in a script that locks out your accounts and you'll need to pm a friendly admin to re-enable them (because this is what I did with my friends when I wanted to teach them blood bowl)

edit: after posting this I re-read your initial post and I think what you are looking for is "test mode":

https://fumbbl.com/help:Test+mode
 Jump to: