67 coaches online • Server time: 21:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
paradocks

Post   Posted: May 27, 2017 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, you forfeited me in the last final I was in after opponent failed to show twice. I don't see much point in messaging you after I've already been forfeited.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 28, 2017 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Although it would be anti productive, Id like to see how many teams are entered. The Game Finder shows how many people are there, and how many teams. I think it could be nice, to see how many teams are entered. It would show the availability for more possible match ups.

Jeffro
koadah

Post   Posted: May 28, 2017 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

paradocks wrote:
Sure, you forfeited me in the last final I was in after opponent failed to show twice. I don't see much point in messaging you after I've already been forfeited.

Did you message the admins BEFORE the deadline?

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2017 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
paradocks wrote:

Yes, carried out everything I should've.. in this particular case after opponent failed to show up to two scheduled times I was told I had as much time as I wanted to finish the final match. Then opponent requested a forfeit after Dalfort passed it onto easilyamused.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2017 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

paradocks wrote:
koadah wrote:
paradocks wrote:

Yes, carried out everything I should've.. in this particular case after opponent failed to show up to two scheduled times I was told I had as much time as I wanted to finish the final match. Then opponent requested a forfeit after Dalfort passed it onto easilyamused.

This is off topic for this thread... and imo not a public matter, that said paradocks is correct in that procedure was followed, communication was good initially and that he was left waiting twice. As things went on though a balance was evidenced as his life became hectic and re-arrangements were made. The involvement of EA was simply due to me taking some time away from the site and I can see how after paradocks was away for 8 weeks some simple house keeping was done when his opponent requested the forfeit (in no direction I will add) to release his team.

Paradocks whilst I can fully empathize with your frustration I believe you are taking this personally and I would hate for it to taint your enjoyment of the Tournament scene or the site in general.

I would also suggest that the thread be about the actual subject of the OP... which I think was ClPOMB...

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2017 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

paradocks wrote:

You mean the game where you went AWOL for 8 weeks?

I know it was a final but there is only so much leeway that can be given Smile

That is the only tournament related PM I can find from you in the last 6 months.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2017 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Trying not to take it personally but it's just happened so many times now (not the same tournament admins, but same result every time). In fact I've only ever been been given a forfeit once in my favor when opponent didn't show.. and it was only because the opponent specifically requested to give me the win (and the next round just happened to be against a super brutal team/coach). Every single other time I've been forfeited for my opponent not showing

Noted though this isn't the thread for discussing it. Also note though I did make a thread for this topic but easilyamused quickly locked it preventing any further discussion. Though every person who posted said what's happened to me every time would never happen.

I really just don't understand why it should happen. Anything else I've ever competed in during my life it's been straight forward; if one party doesn't show then the absent party is forfeited... you never forfeit the person who does show up, that's crazy. Why can't this most obvious of provisions just be added to the official tournament rules?
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2017 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Couple of points.

1. I didn't lock that thread, if I did I would have done it after I made my comment. You may want to fact check in future. I was happy for it to remain open but it was locked by a forum mod.

2. Even if a game has been forfeited already I can still review it and if needed swap the teams if I think a mistake has been made.

3. The tournament staff are all volunteers and human, mistakes are occasionally made, that is why there is a tournament manager (me) in place so you have someone to raise a case with if you feel it is justified. Just send me a PM with all the relevant information and add me to any PM threads and I can review. That being said I think they all do a great job and as long as they know what is going on make the right decisions the vast majority of the time. In fact I think I've only had to deal with 1 case in the last 2 years.