19 coaches online • Server time: 01:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Buu88

Post   Posted: May 24, 2017 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey im looking for some advice on a game I have coming up soon. Need help with what kind of inducements you think I should run against High Elves.

520k in inducements as well as 60k in treasure if needed.

We are using the new coaches and star players as well. We dont use cards though.

My team - Skaven
http://thenaf.obblm.com/handler.php?type=roster&team_id=1622&detailed=0

His team - High Elves
http://thenaf.obblm.com/handler.php?type=roster&team_id=1676&detailed=0
Buu88

Post   Posted: May 25, 2017 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump, anyone have any advice on this game? Never had this much inducements before and not really sure what to spend in on, especially against a team with a great record this season.
Guardikai

Post   Posted: May 25, 2017 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a noob coach still, but I'll offer my own thoughts:

Comparing sheets he has more strength generally (rat ogre as the exception), 2 tacklers to watch out for, better ball control and reliability, probably excess RRs than he needs (due to his abundance of block, ag4 and pass/catch) as well as good movement. Your real advantage is MV9 dodging gutter runners, a strength piece you can use to cause problems and that he'll likely need to hit with a str 4 and his guard players or many others for support, as well as these inducements. His weakness is a lack of dodge, which means your lack of tackle won't hurt you. Anyhow, the inducements have to really scare him. Definitely save the strip ball blitzers and protect them to threaten his carrier.

Player wise you both have 13, but your lack of black and weaker armour will probably mean you lose more players than him. Another thing to note is that his tacklers really threaten your dodge players - Trollo and especially Balzaak (AV7) should be very tempting targets of opportunity for blitzers and fouls. His other three AV7 catchers too, albeit they are each either str 4 or their guard means he will probably be using them carefully. Anyhow, do go for them!

For inducments I suggest the following:

150k wizard - This creates huge uncertainty for him. Save a 2+ on his ball handler when you can get a gutter runner in to take the ball after it drops, especially Rattkkis (due to sure hands). If he somehow fails to score on his offense, which is when you should aim to use it, then consider a fireball at a group of 5 or more clumped up players of his on your own offense.
100k bribe (250k so far) - Foul his AV7 targets of opportunity with a lineman. 50k of yours vs 120k+ of his. It may also scare him into playing more defensively or less aggressively, both of which benefit you or can be exploited. It should certainly give you more pitch control!
210k Glart Smashrip Jr (460k so far) - A str 4 blitzer with claw to really threaten his AV8 players and to be able to hit, with only one assist his Str 4 players. Also able to take down his guard players. Alternatively you could take Skitter Stab-Stab and an extra BB, but I don't think it'll be as useful.
Bloodweister Babe (50k) - To give you that edge when the inevitable KOs happen.

I'd not go for any mercenaries or extra training - you'll be good on players and you have enough RRs to get by. Your single apothecary is also good and a 2nd likely won't help you win the game. The Halfling chef is very luck based, but even if you rolled well he'd still have 1-2 RRs and frankly that is still enough for him to get by on so disregard that too imo.

Anyhow, good luck!

One other idea - Use Hakflem Skuttlespike (200k) as a 1 turn goal threat. Save him on your bench and just use him for a last turn score after a stall. It has reasonable odds, though your gutter runners can do a worse version honestly.
Buu88

Post   Posted: May 25, 2017 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I should have said we dont use wizards as well...The new mage we can buy but not nearly as good of course.
NickNutria

Post   Posted: May 25, 2017 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Buuu88, the thoughts of Guardikai aren't bad, if you cannot use a wizard, buy a mercenarie with the extra-skill dirty play, that way you get most out of fouling.
Guardikai

Post   Posted: May 25, 2017 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 bribe and another BB? Or, if you are happy to dip into your fund, a BB and a merc rat (80k)?
Garion

Post   Posted: May 25, 2017 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

New Wizard - 80
2 babes - 100 - 180
new star players - Glart Snr - 190
1 bribe - 550
(or drop down to 1 babe if you don't want to spend anything)

Post   Posted: May 25, 2017 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Here are my thoughts:

If you can use cards, I'd consider a few dirty tricks.

2 Babes seems like a great idea with a squishy team like Skaven.

A Bribe and Merc Lineman with DP might not hurt either.
 Jump to: