41 coaches online • Server time: 15:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey there, North American FUMBBL coaches! In case you haven't heard, Secret League Americas is the newest, happening-est, badass-est league in town, where you can come and try out all those crazy Secret League teams and search for lost treasures in the Lustrian Jungle Wink

Season 1 was a big hit - we managed to get through 11 rounds and have fun doing it. The end-of-season finals playoff tournament is running right now, to decide who will have the honor of being the first team to lift the coveted Crown of the New World.

Anyway, after that, we're going to be looking towards Season 2, which should be kicking off towards the end of June. If you play in the North American timezone and you like Secret League, then this is the place where you can sign up for the next season Smile

SLA is a round robin league that runs on a weekly schedule. It's open to any coaches who will be available to play in most American timezone evenings. In Season 1, we had two divisions - East and West coast - with a playoff final (currently running) to determine the overall winner. For Season 2, my plan is to create a combined Premier division, based on the final Season 1 standings, with two East/West Coast conferences, which will allow for promotion/relegation to/from the Premier div. I expect this season to be around 7-8 games long and there won't be a final playoff, because there will be a clear winner.

So, existing SLA coaches: unless you've already told me otherwise, I will assume you are going to be staying with your current team for Season 2. However, I would appreciate it if you could post here to confirm that you are still in.

For new SLA coaches that want to join: post here stating whether you want to play East or West Coast and what team you want. Note that only 1 team of each race is allowed in SLA. My next post after this will be a listing of all the teams for Season 2, which I will update as people confirm which teams they will be bringing. (You can also find more information on the SLA group page, by clicking on the banner at the top of this post).

As the great Slann Shak'rilak once said: "Blood Bowl happens, then you croak!" Razz

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

League lineup for Season 2: (confirmed teams will be marked in bold)

West Coast

Sigmar1 - Daemons of Slaanesh
Craftnburn - Kislev
Lorebass - Skink
Dach - Ethereal
joec911 - Von Carstein
frzntoz - Sisters of Sigmar
CanadianSaints - Khainite Assassins
Ionek - Lybaras
Buu88 - Clan Pestilens
flynn - Pirates of Sartosa
MonkeyMan576 - Witch Elf
---> Open spot! <---

East Coast

Bullroarer4 - Blood Dragon
Logicsfate - Zoat
JellyBelly - Were
robocoyote - Tilea
Pizzapocalypse - Sea Elf
Sinnyil - Orc Big Uns
MrNomad - Northern Nippon
Beanchilla - Elemental - Water
Catalyst32 - Gnomes
Antithesisoftime - Khorne
captainmalkor - Savage Orc
Kzarik - Clan Eshin

Please let me know if I've missed anyone, or if any of this looks wrong. Thanks!

Last edited by JellyBelly on Jul 19, 2017 - 00:16; edited 39 times in total
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, just to confirm a couple of other things:

Even though we already have 8 teams for each division, we are still taking new teams and I will try to make room for anybody who wants to play. If necessary, I will expand the conferences and forfeit the first round or two, so that all teams play the same number of games.

New joiners, or current coaches starting afresh, will need to submit new teams, which will start off in one of the conferences. However, you can play up to 3 prep games (vs different teams) against any SL open teams, so that they're not completely rookie.

Coaches that are carrying their teams over from Season 1 can also play up to 3 inter-season 'friendlies' (also vs different teams). However, that doesn't apply to teams that made the playoffs - they have to go straight back into the fire again, no respite! Wink

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, a couple of useful links:

Firstly, the Secret League Home Page, where you can check out all the rosters that are available, including several new ones that Garion has just released.

Secondly, this stats page, where you can see performance data for all the SL teams, if you want to see which the more competitive ones are that haven't been taken yet Smile

Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by Antithesisoftime on May 30, 2017 - 09:52; edited 1 time in total
Lorebass

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 05:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

\o/ Skinks Da' Best! \o/
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Ecstasy and Agony will return.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Kislevites are nothing if not resilient! We shall endure!

(read: I'm sticking with my team)
robocoyote

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be back with my team. need to put the passing title in my elfs bio
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for confirming. I've updated the list - hopefully we'll hear from the rest before too long Smile

Pizzapocalypse

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going back with my Sirens. I'm just busy with another major league project atm.
joec911

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

LA Blood Suckas Willie returning with a hunger for victory, not thrall blood.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ladies of the Fright are back

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys - updated Smile

Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: May 30, 2017 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Dragons will return