34 coaches online • Server time: 12:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Banjoclan

Post   Posted: May 30, 2017 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I posted this on the cyanide forum but I wanted to see the advice that you guys had on this. I'm playing in the (arguably pointless) open league with this team BTW.

Hi, my 7449 sure hands tackle orc blitzer got a broken neck so now he's 7439. His value is 240 and he has 38 SPP to get legend. Would you keep him or fire? I have an AG 5 guy that I can use to carry the ball but I liked to use him as a catcher for this guy.
Loew

Post   Posted: May 30, 2017 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

keep
7439 block, tackle is still a really good blitzer
and sure hands with ag3 is still a decent pickup that make him a good ball carrier if you have to be quick, the ag5 is out, or you expect lots of leaping stripballers
Garion

Post   Posted: May 30, 2017 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd get rid. as this is open league this will drop your TV significantly which means less cpomb

Post   Posted: May 30, 2017 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

He was an awesome blitzer. Still good but an agility loss is a big hit so I would retire him before he lets you down. The one reason not to would be that you have never had a legend and want to tick that box, which is fair enough.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2017 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire him.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: May 30, 2017 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

From a purely game winning POV in a TV match making environment, probably sack. If you like fluff and/or collecting legends then keep. Simples.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2017 - 19:25
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

He died already.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2017 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Remove.
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 30, 2017 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

fire his clumsy ass

Post   Posted: May 30, 2017 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok guys, that's kinda what I thought. Just hate to see the poor guy go but 240 is an awfully lot to pay. I had a bo die the same game so I had to buy a replacement for that so I may end up playing him in a farewell game if I don't have the gold to replace him.
Keothi

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Surprised at the number of people who say to sack him!
You've got an awesome, high movement, high strength Orc Blitzer for sweeping and taking out ballcarriers or threatening receivers. The loss of AG is a blow, but AG3 is still decent and if you're using him correctly he shouldn't need to dodge free to blitz. He's block/tackle with Strength 4; the best option for whacking out a ball carrier or a receiver. If he fails to stun or injure the ball carrier he's got surehands to scoop up the ball and keep it safer if you can't get anyone else to it.
I'd keep him. On a doubles roll, I'd give him Diving Tackle, on a regular roll I'd give him either Grab or Mighty Blow (to negate Sidestep, or eliminate more threats).
BubbaDave

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The TV bloat for AG4-but-not-really is 40k -- that's not IMO reason to fire him. MA7/ST4 makes a heck of a sweeper.
Composer99

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

7439 is a damn fine statline, especially when paired with block, tackle, and sure hands.

Frankly, between choosing 40K wasted TV (for the negated +AG) or having to start from scratch on a new blitzer, who can scarcely be counted upon to repeat the +ST/+AG/+MA fabulousness, I'd go with sticking with the super star every time.

If you do decide to retire him, at least get him to legend first.
fidius

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Receiving this sort of advice from some of the best players in the world can sometimes be counter-productive. ST4 MA7 is great fun, I'd keep him, but likely use him more in the thick of things. But if you're awesome at this game and can skill up his replacement easily in the context of higher TV games then fire and replace to your heart's content.
Banjoclan

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, sadly I fired him. Actually, I plan on being overseas for work for an extended time so I don't plan on playing in that particular league much more because of all the conceding (so that took a bit of the sting out of dropping him). I've still got my 6359 blitzer that is only about 30 spp to legend so I may still play the team from time to time. Thanks all for the advice.
 Jump to: