34 coaches online • Server time: 00:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mr_Fantastic

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2017 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

What to pick?

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=11789584

SS? MA? AV? Halp! Thanks!
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2017 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge or block

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2017 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

+Ma is ok so your killer can reach further.. but not needed

I'd get dodge. Sure, you won't dodge as much (unless you give break tackle later) but it makes her survive longer. And there are some cases when you want to dodge.

Ss is pretty much out of question since you have access to standfirm.. why waste doubles?

You don't need +av on av9 guy.. claw exists...

Jump up ain't bad.. it's not as useful when it was when piling on was around... and with ag2 it is not that threading (if people try to foul or mark him they can get hit.. but isn't it +3 action for free block with ag2?).. but that extra reach from proned position can matter sometimes.

+ma, dodge or skip i'd say..
Composer99

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2017 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA is pretty good for what looks like a blitzing positional.

She's AV 9 already, so doesn't need +AV.

For skills, I would either go dodge, to improve her survival chances (unless you're already playing against a lot of tackle), or even ignore the doubles and get block to improve her reliability. More Edit: Dodge also synergises with break tackle, which is a good second or third regular skill - probably second if you're going for a blitzer route.

Edit: Didn't know about regular access to stand firm (I'm not familiar with this roster). So I've removed the side step suggestion.

That being said, you have a 1/6 chance of getting doubles every skill, and only a 1/12 chance of getting another '10' result.

So I would say if you want something with immediate impact - say, if you're in a short-duration league - get a skill. If you're expecting to play many games with this team, and have an opportunity to deeply develop players like this, go for the +MA, because you'll get the skills you need eventually.
Nightbreed

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2017 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a similar situation and went with dodge
Mr_Fantastic

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2017 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

It's in a league that I hope to continue to play in, unless the team falls to pieces. I forgot she can get SF on a regular skill, too. There is virtually no tackle in the league that I'm aware of, so Dodge would be a solid choice to keep her on her feet. The +MA could really help, as this team can barely move anywhere at all, but if she gets knocked over, the +MA isn't going to help too much. I think I'm gonna go with dodge - thanks guys!
T_Witch

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2017 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I would go with the MV or dodge. Based on how you used her against me I think you'd get more use out of the dodge in the long run.
Mr_Fantastic

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2017 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks bud!
kummo

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2017 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge is solid choice. Next skills might look like this (feel free to change order depending on your liking and teams state):

mightyblow, dodge, block, break tackle, (guard? or tackle?), (standfirm?)
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

kummo wrote:
ss is pretty much out of question since you have access to standfirm.. why waste doubles?
side step still had amazing value. If you've never tried side step with stand firm, your missing out on some amazing shenanigans
 Jump to: