32 coaches online • Server time: 01:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
details5252

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

My second witch just got her second skill. She already has+ag. Go safe with block or take wrestle for an ace cagebreaker, assuming she lives to get Leap at some point.

Witch [/url]
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Wrestle because it's better with AG 5, then Leap and Tackle.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Wrestle

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

If the end game goal is to make a ball hawk sack'er then you take Wrestle/Tackle/leap.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

You are all wrong.

You take block, SS, leap and JUGGERNAUT to surf anyone, anywhere.

Using a witch as a sacker will get her killed by the cage of angry players she is left in.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Wrestle
Unless you're convinced she'll roll a double in her next 2 skills (which should be juggernaut), in which case id take block
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
You are all wrong.

You take block, SS, leap and JUGGERNAUT to surf anyone, anywhere.

Using a witch as a sacker will get her killed by the cage of angry players she is left in.

The problem is that players can simply stay away from the side lines to avoid the surfs, while generally people is going to cage almost every game, therefore Wrackle Leap will be more useful, especially at high TV where ST 4 blodge ball carriers are quite common.
If she gets killed, who cares, players are not meant to live forever, as long as they serve to the purpose of victory dying is not an issue.
Anyway, in case of double roll, Mighty Blow is better than Juggernaut.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

You're getting it all wrong Matt. A jugger-witch doesn't surf people on defence, but on offence.

On defence, the witch stays back as a sweeper ensuring that the offense cannot push down the sides. This means you can defend the centre deeper encouraging mistakes. IF they do go down the side then you can surf them as jugger-frenzy has great probability of surfs.

On offence, you push down the sides, so the opposition has to defend in front of you, setting you up for some great surf options.

Also, you get players with standfirm and fend who don't know how jugs works. xD

But it is all horses for courses and playstyle really. MB is certainly simpler to use and so potentially more effective, but a bit of a waste on AG5...

Take what you think will be fun!

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
You're getting it all wrong Matt. A jugger-witch doesn't surf people on defence, but on offence.

On defence, the witch stays back as a sweeper ensuring that the offense cannot push down the sides. This means you can defend the centre deeper encouraging mistakes. IF they do go down the side then you can surf them as jugger-frenzy has great probability of surfs.

Honestly, trying to attack down the side vs DE it's wrong, no matter if they have a Witch Elf with Juggernaut or not.
PeteW wrote:
MB is certainly simpler to use and so potentially more effective, but a bit of a waste on AG5...

If Mighty Blow is a waste on AG 5, then Juggernaut is even more a waste because it's more situational.
Mighty Blow or Guard are both better than Juggernaut.
BubbaDave

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Wrestle for cage breaking.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Pete is up there in terms of coaching skill. He must be very good at positioning to pressure people to go near the flanks to advance. Maybe for the average player it wouldn't be so useful but I would still be concerned against anyone with solid defence if I also had to face a surfing machine. That said I would usually take Wrestle for ball stealing.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol. Juggs has perfect synergy with ag5! Ag5 means that you can 2+ leap and surf in cleverer places. Juggs makes surfing way better, obviously.

Mb isn't any better on ag5 than on Ag4. No situational advantage.

Guard on a witch = death.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Assuming you can surf, Juggernaut is ok. The problem is that any decent coach doesn't let his players be surfed, while Mighty Blow can be used turn after turn easily even vs good coaches.
Also, Mighty Blow has synergy with Frenzy. More blocks, more knockdowns, more armour/injury rolls with +1 modifier.
About AG 5, it has synergy with Leap and Dodge on the topic Witch Elf.
Guard on a Witch = death, maybe, or maybe more surfing opportunities.
Guard helps for the side line game typical of DE teams, to protect ball carriers, to help on the LOS blocks, many uses.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %07, %2017 - %21:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2017 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol.

Proof is in the pudding. ;P