49 coaches online • Server time: 15:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2017 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
60k vs 40k. I might not take him on a starting team but he would be fun to have around. Can the troll still eat him?

yep,

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2017 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

If I would start Goblins... I would build around

2x Troll
3x Reroll
1x Apo

... then work up to at least 13 guys... (meaning you have 11 normal goblins) then with the cas you have left... you professionalise them a bit according to your play style.

The apo is underestimated by a lot of players... but with stunties he's even better then normal. The rule is that a roll after modification on injury ends up a 9, is an automatical BH. That's what the apo solves best. KO's stay on the field... and if you are unlucky loosing a troll early you can use on the APO right away on KO and BH! (without taking the risk of a 4+ on BH injurie regeneration rolls)

1st half late BH injury... just apo
2nd half early KO injury in a position where you need guys on the pitch... just keep him on the pitch stunned.

... later on you can try to save positionals. But 13 guys + Apo doesnt seem like luxuary when you play gobos. If you want 2 secret weapons... maybe even go up to 14 guys. You don't want to field a secret weapon in turn 8 after a score, because you already suffered massive injuries... seeing it gone in second half, and only be able to generate value for 1 turn.

I personaly like the ball and chain a bit more then the chainsaw... it's a bit less dicy, unless you go fouling. But that's preference, so I won't go all advocating that.

Jump to: