37 coaches online • Server time: 15:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2017 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Draft Pool

GN: Greetings out there sports fans, and welcome to the Pre Draft Preview for season 19 of the NBFL. I'm your host Grim Natz, and this is my new partner for the upcoming season Irony McRomo.

IM: Thanks Grim, it's great to be joining the Crystal Ball Scrying network. Man, it's a change from suiting up every weak and being on the pitch, but it is great to be here, and in one piece.

GN: Too true, too true. So, before we get into the upcoming draft, let's talk about your retirement. You got hurt in the pre-season, then had to watch as a young up and comer took your job, and let your team deep into the playoffs. So, let's talk about your relationship with a man your teammates called "Snak" in the locker room, but who's better known to the fans as John "Brazilliam Merganser" Storm.

IM: Oh, John's a great guy. I bear him no ill feelings. It's a business of winning, and at the end of the day, Malice has continued it's winning ways on "Snak's" arms. I mean, it hurts, but I'm happy for him, and I hope he goes on to continue his success.

GN: Well put. Now then, let's look at the Season 19 Draft. When you look at the board, Irony, what 5 players jump out at you as the best in the class?

IM: Hmmm, I think if pushed, I'd say that Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila out of Slam Diego State is far and away the best prospect in the draft this year. He'd be a slam dunk as the number one pick in the draft, if not for two glaring flaws on his resume. The first being that he falls into the Blitzer category, and would already be considered a Super Star by league standards. Certainly, the majority of teams out there could weather such a player, who is strong, fast, and more or less is a prototype blitzer on any roster that picks him up. If you can draft him into a position with block, all concerns about his lack of the block skill can be erased. Interestingly enough, Da'Kawgo picks first this year, and Kabeer would be a great fit on their roster.

GN: A spot on analysis, but I think Da'Kawgo might go in another direction.

IM: I would have to agree. Which brings me to our second prospect, Benjamin Pickles. Another draft prospect from the blitzer category, who could just as easily fill a skilled category role as well. Like Kabeer, he comes stronger than the average player, and his armor is boosted as well, making for a player who can reliably see field time. His skill set is rounded out with dodge, and sidestep, meaning that whoever drafts Benji will still get plenty of use from him, despite his lack of block, which will hurt his draft stock for many teams.

GN: I think you just upset several fans of Kolby Listenbee with that assessment.

IM: Actually, I have "Boss" John Ross at number 3 on my board. He has everything in the toolbox you want from a sacker. With Wrestle and Tackle, he guarantees a 50% sack rate. With dodge, +Ag, and Leap, he's capable of getting in and out of cages with relative ease.

GN: So, we're through 3 now, and you still haven't selected Kolby. I'm sure there are fans out there calling for your head right now, as Kolby is the most accomplished player in the draft.

IM: It was close between 3 and 4, but number 4 lacks the versatility that "Boss" has, and thus his stock in this draft fell to 4. I have Kolby Listenbee in the number 4 spot. In the right place, he will dominate, but that requires being in a division that plays pass heavy. He'd fit most naturally on a Slann team, but at the same time, he's late in development, and likely wouldn't ever live to earn the skill dodge he so desperately needs.

GN: I think I agree, but there are still plenty of TCU fans out there who probably feel that Kolby is valued way too low here.

IM: If you think that's gonna get me killed, then this next one will really blow your mind. I'm going on a limb here, and will call Adam Shead my number 5 prospect in the draft. He's fast, he's agile, he's mobile, and nothing slows him when he gets a head of steam. I know a lot of teams won't value all of his traits, but as we saw with Behn Ooootehkt, special Big Guys can create all sorts of matchup problems.

GN: And there you have it, CBS's top 5 Draft Prospects in the Season 19 draft.

1: Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
2: Benjamin Pickles
3: "Boss" John Ross
4: Kolby Listenbee
5: Adam Shead

Now stick around, we'll return after this break to round out the top 10 talents in this season's draft. Until then, this is Irony McRomo, and I'm Grim Natz. And you are watching the Crystal Ball Scrying network.

Last edited by Antithesisoftime on Jul 21, 2017 - 03:05; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2017 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=9569

For reference to players
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2017 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

KGB will go to Tennessee. OMG. That's terrifying.