39 coaches online • Server time: 18:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Necross

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm planning of joining a local BB tournament and want to play Pro Elves (Elf Union) I'm allowed 1100k for building the team and 150k for skill. Skill rules are no +st or +ag upgrades and no more then 40k (two normal skills) allowed per player.

I've chosen my players to be all the positionals and 3 linemen, 2 rerolls, and an apothecary. (1140k) It's the skill selection that is knocking me up. I've chosen block on all the catchers (80k) and am not sure if I should put guard on the blitzers (60k) or dodge on the blitzers and skill (safe throw, accurate or leader) on a thrower. {70k)

the core of the debate is guard stacks well with sidestep and will help me block down key players on the other team. Blodge and sidestep stack better however and if I get leader; I could drop a reroll and buy another lineman, and in a most likely bashy tournament would be more useful on a whole. The other passing skills are just plain useful with four NoS catchers and pulling off classic elf nonsense.

Comments, critiques, and advice are welcome. Thanks for the help
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

Off the top of my head, I would go:

2 Blitzers, Thrower, 3 Catchers, Linos to 12, 2 x RR, Apo. That’s flush at 1.1.

Skills: Leader Thrower first, get to 3 RR. I’d like a Dodge / DT Blitzer for being super annoying. That’s 40 k (60 k total). Guard on the other Blitzer is a good shout, but you'd also have to invest in a further double to spend all 150 k. If you went that way, I’d have two Dodge and a Wrestle across your Catchers and not spend it all. Instead of that, you could take a two skill Catcher or a second Guard. I think you need two more Dodge players and a Wrestler, though, so that's where I'd go.

I’m not into giving Throwers passing skills. You don’t need them, you’re Pro Elves!

Have fun, and I’ve edited a bit of language in your post. Please keep it clean.

Many edits: Fat fingers plus Monday morning = terrible post. Sheesh. It's right now, though. Wink

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %22, %2017 - %10:%May; edited 5 times in total
Loew

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

a few thoughts without calculating the costs:

- another lineelf would be good, it's a very fragile team
- generally you don't need two passer on any team, much less on an elf team
-> maybe dropping one passer and one catcher for 3 lineelfs is doable? (again, no calculation, I don't have the costs memorized)
- tackle on either a blitzer or a block catcher is highly valuable
- dodge! at least one of the catcher should have dodge for that last turn dodge through the screen winning TD..and dodge is good on other player, too...you won't win the block war, but you can build positional advantages
Necross

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2017 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys. I used purplegoo's lineup and I took fifth place and was awarded the most TDs trophy
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2017 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

This was a lovely thread to fall upon tonight. Congratulations, Necross!
 Jump to: