37 coaches online • Server time: 14:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Skill for Skruoch
Guard
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Two-heads
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
+MA for extra filthiness
82%
 82%  [ 34 ]
Claw
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
other skill (post why below)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
PIE PIE PIE
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 41

Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Have an interesting one and would appreciate some advice from the Skaven coaches out there. Skruoch Foulspite on the Roid Rats rolls a 5,5. He's got Wrestle and Horns so he's my primary mobile blitzer right now.

I'm sort of leaning towards guard here as a mobile guard is something the team lacks currently though it's not ideal on a wrestler. MA always comes into it and would help him get the blitzes in and scurry away out of reach, but I've already got a +MA gutter. Two-heads would be nice for ball sacking and perhaps the odd surprise crowd-surf. I've tried a horns, claw gutter before and he died on a 1D block from a skink so I'm not so excited to try that route again, but your experiences may sway me on that.

Appreciate the thoughts!

Last edited by Rbthma on Jun 21, 2017 - 21:53; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Speed kills! +MA
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

updated the main post to reflect that I've already got one +MA gutter...not sure if you two saw that Smile
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Cant haveto many +ma gutters as they tend to run away rather fast
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Still +ma

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

+ma is simply the best.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I had that exact question with this rat
Had another +MA on the team.
Ya know what, I still took MA, cause MA10 gutters are game breaking, and the more of them you have the better
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we're seeing a pattern here

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, +MA is really good of course and I'm sure I wouldn't regret it as a choice. I thought two-heads might trump it in this situation given his role on the team. I've seen guard used really well on gutter runners in the box (coach doclystria and 2 guard gutters) which is why I was considering it.
huff

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

A couple of good choices, even without rolling a double 5: Tackle, 2Heads, Strip Ball, +MA. All viable.

The +MA will also help getting up after Wrestle if that makes it an easier choice but of course there are times where a more probable dodge (with 2Heads) would allow you to get to that extra square (or more!).

I think I would opt for 2Heads in your situation.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

If it were an option, I'd take +AG over +MA, but 2-heads isn't +AG, anymore than Very Long Legs or Extra Arms are. They're all good options, and I'd definitely burn a double on them on the right player.

This is not the right player. Sure the ability to use Ag5 dodges will let him make precision strikes other players can't, but Ma10 will win you games. Even with another Ma10 on the roster, another will only help you win more games. It's near impossible to be out of range of a pair of Ma10 players. Not to mention the increased one turning options, because Skaven sometimes need to live and die by the one turner.

Like I said, I recently had this exact option, albeit on an Ag5 Gutter, but I still chose the MA because it offered the most utility. You'll never be disappointed with a faster team. And, you'll give opponents nightmares
BubbaDave

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2017 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll buck the trend and say consider VLL. Next he learns leap and you have a cage buster who gets into the cage on a 2+.
TrueDestiny52

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2017 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh no, Foulspite destroyed my Khemri with only 9 movement, so 10 is horrifying
SwissSwatchWatch

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2017 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I would pick +ma. It doesn't seem like the change is that big. Just one square extra and most of the time you only need 9 squares anyways, but that is the wrong way to think about it. One extra square is going to allow you to play even more aggressive, since you can get back in a defensive position more easily. It is going to allow you to do ball plays more safely and put more pressure on the thrower. Many elf coaches station their thrower far down field and then makes a pass to a catcher when the time is right. With +ma their thrower has to sit one square further down field. This may cause him to make a 3+ throw instead of a 2+ etc. These small things add up and allow you to win more games.
 Jump to: