70 coaches online • Server time: 23:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Punga

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2017 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings. We are a young studio Punga miniatures with big ambitions.
We create our first team Toa Orcs.

Image [/img]
Toa Orcs team

The creation of the team inspired us to the Maori culture, Toa in translation from the Maori warrior, brave, champion, winner.

We consult about Toa Orcs with NZ BB community in order to better reflect the essence of the rich Maori culture in our miniatures.

Background

The Toa Orcs team consists of wild orcs living on islands in the far sea. These are experienced navigators and warriors, they often make raids on the banks of Nippon and Katai.

They are known as fierce dangerous opponents both on the battlefield and on the football field.

Command structure

Will represent 2 blockers, 2 linear orcs, 2 blitzers, 2 throwers and one big guy. The list of players and the number may change, but can not become smaller.

Link to our site and join us on FB .
Thank you for reading, sorry for mistakes.

Last edited by Punga on Jul 31, 2017 - 16:25; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2017 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

looks like an awesome miniature!!!, mind I couldn't paint it up that well.

some links to your site etc... would be good Smile

also you and your team should come play some games here

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2017 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you. Added links to the message.
How to finish the creation of the team, will play a must Wink
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2017 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

if you haven't already, you should go to www.talkfantasyfootball.org and start a thread there.

You should also contact GalakStarscraper in that site, as he has a miniature store online and sells minis from many different brands.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2017 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the advice. I can not register a website with the www.talkfantasyfootball.org (too complicated questions for me) if you can post there about us.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2017 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

https://discord.gg/YgYu3My click on this link, its for a chat room that we are all in, send me a message and I will help you out.

or just sent me a PM with the question you are stuck on

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2017 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Great looking orc blocker.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2017 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

here is your thread - http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=44256&p=782971#p782971

you should try and join though

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2017 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

cultural appropriation much? do you have an ok for this from an iwi or a kaumātua?

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2017 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
cultural appropriation much? do you have an ok for this from an iwi or a kaumātua?

Don't be silly. Its a cool model and theme. Didn't expect this sort of overly pc nonsense from you Pythrr.

Post 7 Posted: Jul 31, 2017 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
https://discord.gg/YgYu3My click on this link, its for a chat room that we are all in, send me a message and I will help you out.

or just sent me a PM with the question you are stuck on

I do not know how to thank you, you really helped. I'll write you. Smile
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2017 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
pythrr wrote:

Don't be silly. Its cool. Didn't expect this sort of overly pc nonsense from you Pythrr.

It's not PC. I'm 1/16 Ngati Whatua (maternal grandmother), and this Orcs = Maori with tatoos is patent racist BS. And that's aside from the gross stealing of Ta Moko from the people to whom it belongs.

BTW, I've reported the minatures site to the NZ Human Rights Commission (https://www.hrc.co.nz), who have an active history of addressing cultural theft.

However, if the site is owned and run by an iwi, or other authorized person(s), then that's all fine. I just have problems with people using my grandmother's people's culture for commercial gain withour permission.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2017 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Well this probably isn't the right place to get in to race discussions though I am of the opinion that this type of thing should not be taken negatively, but instead of a sign that the roster creator admires the culture and think aspects of it are cool, characterful etc... nothing more than that. GW did this exact type of thing with ALL of their fantasy races, so I personally don't see an issue. But to each their own. If it really offends you then you do what you need to. To each their own Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2017 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I am of the opinion that this type of thing should not be taken negatively,

I respect you opinion, but international IP law, as relating to the cultural property of indigneous peoples, disagrees with you.

https://loc.gov/law/help/nz-maori-culture/index.php

https://www.baldwins.com/news/legal-protection-for-traditional-knowledge

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2017 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally think this type of thing is more tribute or celebration of culture. But Fair Use law allows 'Parody' if you want to go down that route.

Its just like Bretonnians being parodies of French Chivalry. Or a Tilean team being called Pergamo Pastas, which parodies both the Italians' love of pasta and their religion heritage. etc...