53 coaches online • Server time: 16:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Foad

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2017 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Manzoo wrote:
Mmmmmm. I cant think of a better way to start the season.

Getting your dwarves outcas'd by zons?

Did they gett distrated by a game of blood bowl?

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2017 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Not our fault!
the Zons were all cowering in the KO box
almic85

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2017 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

For those of you that haven't heard yet, I'm back and thanks to the latest draft have an even better team than the last lot of goblins and skaven.

Introducing to you my lovely ogres who have managed to start of their SWL career with a pitch clearing of Doddle.

Hope everyone enjoys season 69 as much as I will.

If you're interested join the Fringe
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2017 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Rules Update!

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2017 - 04:04
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Nice pair of jugs you have there Little Cat B.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2017 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Just want to say thank you very much to the admin team. Did not expect that even in the slightest. Stoked I don't need to fire my legend.
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2017 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't "need" to fire him anyway.... Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2017 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:
Nice pair of jugs you have there Little Cat B.

That's not a pair of Jugs. This is a pair of Jugs.
-Damien "Shake it off" Halford

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2017 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I think they should have been given Pass Block instead of Pile On
Semitence

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2017 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

D_Arquebus wrote:
Didn't "need" to fire him anyway.... Wink

I've found with Nurgle you really need the pestis to do the hard lifting, cant afford to carry them like you could some subpar beastmen.
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2017 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Not having PO and carrying 20k of TV bloat makes him subpar how exactly? In the case of an otherwise Legend player? Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2017 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

His role was removal. If you look at his stats on pre vs post PO his effectiveness has dropped considerably. Without PO I'd probably not take claw either. Leave dealing with the big av to the bloaters. Nurgs are exxy as well. 80k beastmen, limited slots (only 4) with no base skills, this one has has -ma in addition to what would have been a skill lost through PO being disabled.

My view may not be yours but I've played with them a while now and that's how I see it. As above I'm glad I held off during and didn't have to make the cut.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2017 - 13:31
FUMBBL Staff

Team Challenge -Season LXIX

Sadly with 4/5 of the reigning champion ALIEN in Prem and the 5th in Reggies the Wastepac draw is a bit broken. No ALIEN vs HEROES or ALIEN vs DIBBL, and HAND is looking very short in numbers.

So Wastepac will revert to a 2 Faction showdown this season. A Premtastic affair with a dash of Reggie goodness.
ALIEN vs VILLAINS
Foad takes on the 4 Prem ALIENs, and D_Arquebus collects the reggie. 5 games to decide it.

The original two Wastepac contenders will fight for pride (and Sally's Boot).
DIBBL Invaders vs HEROES
decided by a whopping 7 fixtures

and FOUL is left wondering where HAND went
Daudy

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2017 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I will write a prediction for this season cause everyone loves my essays. Will edit in later.

Here it is:

Daudy Says

Premier Season 69
1. Blackwater Glee Club
2. Wings of the Condor
3. Compare the Meerkat

There is a very distinct correlation between Premiership winning teams and having +stats (either in freak form or spread across like mass ag4 orc blitzers). The reason being is most likely because it's one of the more prominent edges a team can have over others when all else is very competitive and balanced (which you generally expect Prem to be).

I do think the three peat is on here for the Glee Club. It's a monster team and I have doubts many will contain it. Some of the other teams just look ready to be chewed up and spat out, while the few genuine ball threats to the Club I think face a harder schedule of matchups over the season. Then again, anything can happen, and their first two games will be the real barometer I think. The first because they are currently in a 'crippled' 2100ktv state, and the 2nd, because they will likely be running into a full-strength Meerkats with potentially some missing players in tow.

Subsequently, it's a coin toss between them and Wings of the Condor. Viola should be illegal, Relezite is actually a robot, and with the kiss of death given to Glee Club the elves are also hot favourites. There are a few potential trap games for them though, with the ever tricky mog, a potential shootout looming in round 1 with Meerkats, and I believe they will be potentially prone to dropped points with a brave draw due to casualties somewhere along the line. Probably should be the outright favourites, but Viola is cheating so I expect an incoming ban soon ala Essendon Saga.

Meerkats fill out the best of the rest. The roster looks very good with a ridiculous amount of +ST going on. A very juicy record, but I'm not convinced the majority of those games were anywhere near the level of the teams they will face this season. You can only beat what's in front of you though (unless it happens to be me hahahha Wink ) but we'll see how they go.

Thunderbeards off to a good start with a win and looks well rounded. I predict on them doing a lot better than in the past, but still going down (aka 4th or lower). Diners were somewhat fortunate to stay up after last season, and I think this time they will struggle for consistency even more. Will cause an upset I'm sure, but will probably return to Confs to terrorise PSA next season. Urban Nightmare may be a dark horse as Wex is improving constantly. I just don't think they're there yet, and I still think having a Warrior Ballcarrier (who isn't particularly blessed either like some freaks around here) limits their ceiling. Furthermore, I think their build approach isn't as balanced as it could be, with raw one-skilled guard beastmen probably not being all that effective against the agile teams that they already overpower.Pink n Scabby look a bit raw and really lack the saurii core to control the space against both the agile teams or the rocks. And finally, but not least, Settra's Sons have taken a tough first loss and I predict will really struggle this season. They should be proud of such a rapid rise through the ranks, but first time winners are extremely rare and they've taken some key injuries already. The TGs are also not quite at the level you'd hope for the Khemri to really make some waves.

I will make a post with confs later.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2017 - 09:43
FUMBBL Staff

SWL Legends Season LXIX

Image Andrew "Starships" Cornell (Blackwater Glee Club)

"Starships", a strength 5 monster, scores a Cas hat trick, and with a little nudge from a MVP, makes Legend. His 3rd casualty of the night took him to a career 50, but this talented player isn't only known for his brutality - he has also scored a very respectable 18 touchdowns.

Congratulations Andrew
 Jump to: