36 coaches online • Server time: 11:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mdderkaiser

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2017 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, so i'm getting really mad because it doesn't seems i can even win. Here's my problem : 8 looses in a row i don't understand why i am so bad. I mainly play dark elves and i don't understand the defense positionning or what to do etc... Please help me a game is supposed to be fun but 8 looses in a row is kinda frustrating :/
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2017 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi and welcome to FUMBBL, may I suggest you look into joining the 145 Club and create a League division team. The 145 Club is for people new to Blood Bowl or just the FUMBBL client as well as those more experienced coaches with a not so shiny record.

Take care Dalfort.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2017 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Also there is this group you could contact: Faculty of Academy Instructors

Hope you find this helpful.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2017 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

What Dalfort said.. and 8 losses in a row isn't really that bad if you're new to the game. If you're getting mad too that will definitely be hurting your chances of winning. Just keep calm and have fun, you'll get the game soon enough Smile
The_Carthaginian

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2017 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

145 club is awesome! If you fancy a training game in Ranked I could hop on, too. Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2017 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Mdderkaiser wrote:
Hello, so i'm getting really mad because it doesn't seems i can even win. Here's my problem : 8 looses in a row i don't understand why i am so bad. I mainly play dark elves and i don't understand the defense positionning or what to do etc... Please help me a game is supposed to be fun but 8 looses in a row is kinda frustrating :/

What are you playing?

Your account shows zero games.

Basically what you need to do is arrange a match with an experienced coach who can guide you through the game.

Make sure you have read the rules.

Read the TAOUCH

Read The art of blockjing

Watch some games in progress. Look for games featuring star, super star and legend coaches. (see spectators comments and ask questions)

Watch replays of legendary coaches who run teams like yours. (quicker than watching live games)

Did anyone say join the 145 Club

Have fun.

If you still can't win, switch to playing halflings and goblins and lose with style.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2017 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

There are lots of resources out there, too. This page is handy: https://fumbbl.com/help:Defensive+Setups, as is the 1000 losses(?) playbook. I watched The Sage on Twitch a fair bit when I first started playing. He used to put up videos of him playing as Dark Elves, too.
Mdderkaiser

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2017 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Koadah it's normal if i've got 0 games it's because i just arrived on fumbbl from blood bowl 2 ^^ and thanks for advices everybody i will go look what you gave me Very Happy
finsterface

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2017 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Mdderkaiser wrote:
Koadah it's normal if i've got 0 games it's because i just arrived on fumbbl from blood bowl 2 ^^ and thanks for advices everybody i will go look what you gave me Very Happy

Get started here, play a game or two, report back and people can watch the replays of those games...
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2017 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll chime in and agree with Dalfort that the 145 League is a good place to learn. We're currently having the 145 Cup Tournament, so the league is waiting for that to finish before returning.

In the meantime I would suggest getting on discord and joining the 145 channel - there's lots of coaches around for advice or league matches where you can get some learning in. Also, don't get mad about 8 losses - it will just tilt ya.

Come join the Official FUMBBL discord Server then the 145 Club channel.
Discuss strategy, skills and arrange matches!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2017 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Make 3 teams:

1 for the Faculty (League team)
1 for the 145 Club (League team)
1 to get your butt kicked with (Ranked team)

Look up recent (last few years) team-building advice.

Read all the above stuff that people have advised you about.

Watch games involving coaches ranked Super Star and Legend. See what they do, how they do it. Especially watch games with other spectators so you can ask questions.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2017 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Mdderkaiser wrote:
i don't understand why i am so bad. I mainly play dark elves and i don't understand the defense positionning

I think you may understand why you are so bad.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2017 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Play vursus the AI on BB2 to get your confidence up, and read a bunch on the way.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2017 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see any official bloodbowl matches on your profile or else I'd look at your matches.
Joost

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2017 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, welcome to fumbbl! This site helped me enormously with team building when i started: bbtactics.com.
 Jump to: