24 coaches online • Server time: 02:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Brodent

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2017 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I just made a fresh skaven team that I'm using in the BB2 Champion Ladder. After two games (1 win, 1 tie) here's my team:

4 GRs
2 SV
6 Linerats
3 RRs
1 Apo

Just leveled two GRs. One got block and the other rolled doubles.

I've been going back and forth on what I should give the gunner who rolled doubles. Toss-up between two heads, big hand, horns, or guard. I play a really risky game, with lots of repeated two-red-dice dives into cages with gunners.

Two heads would help me get in and out of the cage alive. Big hand would help me get the ball up on the occasions I do manage to knock it loose. Horns would give me white dice when solo-blitzing lone carriers but I figure my opponents are going to be caged up enough for that to not matter. An extremely mobile source of guard would be nice in a lot of situations but requires me putting the gunner in tackle zones when he's not the one doing the attacking.

Thoughts? Lots and lots of really heavy bashy teams in the ladder if it matters.

Last edited by Brodent on %b %23, %2017 - %18:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2017 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Horns
Guard

Either will offer you a great deal of benefit, especially in a bash heavy ladder
huff

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2017 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Gutter Runner doubles are the toughest for me to choose because all the good options.

With your other getting block, I would go the Wrestle route with the doubles ones so Horns is my vote.
kummo

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2017 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

2heads or guard

I feel like horns is bit wasted on doubles since you get dauntless on normals. Sure horns is better because dauntless is another +2 roll you have to make. But it's basically only that one extraroll better skill.

For sacker i would go 2heads, wrestle, tackle, dauntless (if you want to have strip ball there then earlier you get it the more use you will have for it.. so coul be before or after wrestle)

But 2heads gutter can do more than that:
1) if he rolls doubles next, why not try bighand? Then surehands and avot, you have ballretriever that can get around with quite ease and get ball safe with some +2's. Block is good for gutter like that.
2) if you roll 10 next, 2heads is great for oneturners. A guy that only needs one push and can dodge backline with +2's... that is so sick he will be hated for how good he is. After +ma you want surefeet, sprint and maybe sidestep (altho he doesn't need pushing after sprint unless you just want him to roll less on 3 last steps before TD)

If you pick guard then block and sidestep are next skills.

Last edited by kummo on %b %24, %2017 - %00:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2017 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I like your thoughts on two heads, then follow the wrestle, strip ball route. It's also great for retrieving the ball as well as scoring.
Dach

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2017 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

2 heads
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2017 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

horns. you don't want to rely on half dice 4+ blitzes into a cage, you want to get the 2 dice and that you get with horns. 2 heads or guard on a block guy, but with horns you can go wrestle tackle strip
Brodent

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2017 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I went with horns. I might regret it - it was a really tough decision between that and two heads so I just picked one to get it over with. He'll get wrestle next, followed by strip.

I'll keep coming back here with further level-up thoughts as the team progresses.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2017 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

You won't regret horns one bit
Uedder

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2017 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

2 heads. Horns is great on st3 not so much on st2 imo, where dauntless - not a double - does the same job 5/6 of the times. Most ball carriers are st3.
huff

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2017 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

For shame Horns and Dauntless doesn't stack anymore.
Brodent

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2017 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hah. Well I leveled all my gunners a few more times - including with a +MA. Even got a +STR linerat. I went a while without any losses.

Then some chaos dwarfs retired my team. Got a bunch of permanent injuries and deaths (most within turn 5!). I guess that's skaven life!
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2017 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't retire the team if you still have the +MA +STR and Horns gutter runners...the rest of the team you can replace.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2017 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Statup GRs are big. Though skilled storm vermin are perhaps even more important a skilled team as it takes time to replace them.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2017 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, they're tough to skill for sure - In fact I don't think I've had one past his third skill which explains why I see them (currently) as support players for the gutters.
 Jump to: