49 coaches online • Server time: 16:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Brodent

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2017 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:
I wouldn't retire the team if you still have the +MA +STR and Horns gutter runners...the rest of the team you can replace.

Is a +MA gutter runner is worth keeping even with -av? I assumed that a 6AV gunner was a huge liability - likely to put me a man short very early into a match. Also the +STR is on a linerat, not a gunner.

Here's my current team:
+MA gunner, -1AV
Horns, wrestle gunner
Wrestle gunner
Block gunner

+STR linerat

2 unleveled sv
3 uneleveled linerats (formerly 5 but one was killed and another was given a -STR injury which is an auto-fire)

On top of this, a three or four of these players (including two gunners) will be missing next game.

Is this team really worth continuing with? The problem is that I'm going into my next game using a lot of journeymen and only two gunners. This is likely to result in another loss and quite potentially MVP on a mercenary. I'm afraid that this is a team that's ready to snowball into oblivion - especially win/loss ratio-wise, which is important in the champion ladder.

Thoughts?
kummo

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2017 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah it is in bb2..

If that was fumbbl team i'd keep it but on bb2 cladder sure, retire and make new. Especially if you try to rush to be #1 skaven and head to playoffs.. you just can't lose early games if you want to qualify. Even if you have great positionals like that.

Here in fumbbl i have a team got:
- 3 deaths in game 1
- death and niggled on game 2
- (nothing on game 3.. mng on merc/jman doesn't count)
- mng and -st (instafire) on game 4

and... i still have that team because - freaking +ag on thrower! It was so hard to save up money to buy missing positionals and to have enough linos to be over 11 players again... but damn was it worth it.. i love that team.. only thing that noob-me did that i wouldn't do again is that i picked block on +st gutter (wrestle would had been so much better for him).. other than that i'm really glad i kept the team and after those hard times (that gave me losses and ties) team developed so well it's actually on positive side with win% (just 6/5/2.. which is meh in eyes of many for sure.. but getting it positive after 1/1/4 + the many deaths and retirements is a personal win for me)
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2017 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, agree with Kummo here but we're speculating with limited information- a lot depends on the league you're in.
kummo

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2017 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

OP states that this team plays champion ladder on bb2, no speculation here.

I just stated that what i'd do in bb2 (giving what the end goal might be, if he wants to qualify a restart might be a must.. but if he plays for fun then keep the team)

And then i kept going on my fumbbl story about recovery Razz

edit: note that this is page 2 Wink
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2017 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Limited information in the sense that I can't see the team & where the injuries are - I saw BB2 ladder and assumed it was the open ladder - my bad Wink
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2017 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

BB2 cladder = auto-retire on 2-3 losses, or trashed team because you simply can't rebuild without eliminating yourself from contention.

It is, in my opinion, possibly the least enjoyable format for BB devised: grind with extreme pressure to win every game, for the opportunity to win cash. And as soon as one season is over, the next starts with very little time in between for people to take a break if they're serious about contending for anything.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2017 - 17:26
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Not the question asked I know, but for those of us that have never played BB2 what is the Champion Ladder?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2017 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

MrJ - basically Cyanide's main TV-based MatchMaking ladder (it uses TV+). Coaches play their teams and have a set number of weeks to do so. There's a formula that ranks them by W/D/L (and includes biases with games played etc to encourage non-parking), and concessions are limited per coach (too many and you get banned from the ladder for that season).

At the end of the season the top team of each race, by record, qualifies for the play-offs, where there are cash prizes for getting to some stages or winning the whole thing.

I've never played it either Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2017 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry - maybe I could have been clearer. I'm indeed playing in the BB2 Champion Ladder - which is quite competitive. Everyone has the goal of fighting for the top spot in their race. I also play in the Public Ladder, which is much more relaxed. If I was in the Public Ladder I'd definitely be tempted to keep the original team. I go back and forth between matches in each Ladder.

I've rebuilt the skaven team for the Champion Ladder and I'm 3-0 with it so far. I've leveled a few players:

Gunner with +MA
Gunner with wrestle/dauntless
Gunner with block
SV with agi 4

So I'm off to a pretty good start!

So now to solicit more brainstorming help:

I've got an agility 4 stormvermin now. That's going to make him much easier to level further. How is a +AGI sv commonly developed? Normally I'd go with mighty blow on a sv but with him having agi 4 and likely being used as an alternate ball carrier I think that might be wasted on him. I could pray for doubles and give him dodge to build him like a beefier gunner.

Thoughts?
kummo

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2017 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

+ag sturmvermin ->

dodge is really good on doubles.. it's really hard to pick between claw and dodge but.. if your other vermin is going to be your blitzer (killer: claw, mb, tackle, piling on, jump up, horns) then this guy could be your guard (+ag, dodge, guard, mighty blow, stand firm, tackle)

You have gutters to carry ball with that can get around with fair ease and i believe you should also have thrower (because easy access to surehands in case you face stripballers). Sure you can carry ball with this one too (especially you would like to skill him up). I just personally love the idea of mobile guard that can move around and help where he is needed (same reason you could pick guard on gutter too on doubles).

If you don't like mobile guard then you could also think about mobile killer (+ag, mb, tackle, piling on.. dodge and jump up on doubles.. or claw).

I really dislike wasting your very limited str access on ballcarrying when those pieces really need to either kill or assist killing.

(Note that you are quite free to pick skills in other order.. i just listed all 6 just in case)
Brodent

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2017 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

OK! Won another match (against a very high ranking player, too!).

Here's my team now:

Gunner 1: wrestle + dauntless
Gunner 2: MA10 + doubles skill
Gunner 3: block + sidestep
Gunner 4
SV1: AGI4
SV2
6 Linerats

So my MA10 gunner leveled and rolled doubles. This is an even harder decision than before because of the MA10. He's a level 3 player now and still without block so I don't think horns is wise like last time. He'll just cause too many turnovers. I'm thinking two heads so that he can dodge through heavy coverage and put his high movement to maximum use.

Input appreciated!
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

two-heads for me for the 1 turn attempts, as a good coach will force you to make 3 dodges to get into the end-zone. Better to do that on a 2+ than a 3+

Sneequol Hushcreep
Brodent

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a beautiful runner right there.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I probably should of taken catch instead of extra arms, but couldn't resist the double Smile
 Jump to: