37 coaches online • Server time: 13:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Buu88

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2017 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

1.1m Resurrection Tournament. Leaning wood elves for the leap/blodge.

I get 3 skills any advice?

Any advice on what to take?

Just never played in a tournament and unsure on what to expect. Im use to playing leagues...not one ofs games. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
almic85

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2017 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Any other limits on the skills (1 double, 2 normal or all normal?).

I would suggest starting up a few wood elf teams in the box and ranked to get a few games under your belt with 0-3 skills.

I would suggest a strip ball wardancer or two, and catchers being given block or wrestle. Not sure if it is worthwhile wasting your time with giving throwers passing skills as you really just want to be in a position to sack their player and score (wardancers and catchers) or run in quick touchdowns (wardancers and catchers again).

That said I don't really play wood elves or play in tournies that much.

If you're interested join the Fringe
KFoged

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2017 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Strip ball and Tackle for your Wardancers (is the two safe "bets")

Block catcher, dodge lineelf eller leader thrower for your last skill

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2017 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

KFoged wrote:
Strip ball and Tackle for your Wardancers (is the two safe "bets")

Block catcher, dodge lineelf eller leader thrower for your last skill

exactly this!

Remember to not always leap in straight away, but only when you actually have a good chance to recover the ball once it's free. all the other turns hunt the soft targets with your tackler and screen their advance.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2017 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

What those two said! Leader for skill three though (over Catcher skills), surely? A third, spare, RR is a pretty handy thing. Don't want to get squeezed out of the game having too little RR cover.
Buu88

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2017 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

3 Normal skills.

Ya strip ball/wrestle was definitely high on the list for the leaping action. Leader was another skill I was thinking but its hard giving up 1 of 3 skills for it.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2017 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Where are you playing?

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2017 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Its not NAF, just a local tournament in Temecula California.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2017 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

they all count Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2017 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course. We are just starting out and wanted a tournament sooner than we could get support all together. We have a 16 person league that just ended so wanted to play in a tournament in between the league ending and starting up again.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2017 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick can win games for wood elves early on, I would say its worth considering as a wild card option, but leader is probably the more sensible choice.
Buu88

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2017 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

So this is kinda the build im thinking of right now.

I do love the kick/Leader aspect but with so few skills its hard to fit in what I want. I went with treeman/multiblock to open up a lane more easily and give something for beat down teams to target and tie up units.

I dont think I will be seeing too much dodge so I think strip ball on my dancers will put in tons of work, jump in knock the ball away.

My local group seems to be a bit more bashy so I think going catcher is just asking for him to get picked on.

http://www.littlearmybuilder.com/pdfWriter?id=5296002137325568&locale=en#43
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2017 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

2 strip ball is negated with a single sure hands.... and multi block is fun but not so great. Worth heeding advice above as you asked for it Smile
But if there are an unusual lack of opponents with either sure hands or dodge it could work.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2017 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

That is true. So maybe this instead. Changed one of the strip balls to sure hands, prevent strip ball against me and hopefully allow for him to get the ball after the other one blitzes the ball loose. Then added leader to the passer since nuffle hates me.

http://www.littlearmybuilder.com/pdfWriter?id=5291240696315904&locale=en#53
Gartch

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2017 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Buu88 wrote:
That is true. So maybe this instead. Changed one of the strip balls to sure hands, prevent strip ball against me and hopefully allow for him to get the ball after the other one blitzes the ball loose. Then added leader to the passer since nuffle hates me.

http://www.littlearmybuilder.com/pdfWriter?id=5291240696315904&locale=en#53

I am not an expert but based on what I see other coaches playing:
_when wood elves take sure hand, it's not on a WD but on a catcher, there are better skills to take on WD like... tackle which was advised to you, I think it's easier with tackle, so I would suggest strip ball on one WD and tackle on the other one
_I think if you have only 3 skills, there are better skills to choose before sure hand, even on a catcher.
 Jump to: