31 coaches online • Server time: 08:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
flub

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2017 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had two players quit on me in the Black Box when I started to win. It's a serious inconvenience. I like FUMBBL but 2/27, those are bad odds.

Can dropped games be counted as concessions? If they don't come back within a certain amount of time, can I just get the win and keep going? I resume, pick my MVPs and keep it pushing?

As it is, I have to put in tickets and wait hours just to get my team back, because these guys cannot simply concede. The awesome, rage inducing game I played is counted for nothing because some people act like babies. I know you don't want disconnects being counted against anyone, but I don't think disconnections are a major thing. People drop because they are losing and their feelings got hurt, not because they forgot to pay their service provider. In my experience, anyway.

I think quitting should be seriously discouraged, or dropped games should be counted as auto concessions in favor of the coach who stuck around. Right now, upon starting a team you are warned to not write any bad naughty words or use capslock. Why not add a note about dropping games - "don't do it guys, it's a pain in the ass for EVERYONE"- something like that?

I think auto concessions would work well for the Black Box. Get to work on that, and resolve my ticket while you're at it.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2017 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

flub wrote:

I think auto concessions would work well for the Black Box. Get to work on that, and resolve my ticket while you're at it.

I would ask for my money back, if I were you.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2017 - 07:04 Reply with quote Back to top

is this wit
Bobs

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2017 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Only half

Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2017 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

It is seriously discouraged and you will get your win by concession. But the site rules about players that have dropped allow a bit of time for the opponent to come back. Sometimes it is genuinely computer or internet problems on their end.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2017 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

You can, also, by putting in a support ticket, get an admin-forced concession (perhaps if your opponent leaves late in a game, you try to find a time to finish, and your opponent refuses to cooperate), or have an admin finish game at the current score (when the game bugged out somehow and can't be finished).

But that's up to the admin's opinion and discretion after you follow the procedure for trying to get back into the game and you try to find a time to finish the game. If you just want your team back, you just get your team back.

I recommend you get a 2nd and 3rd team to tide you over when your favourite is tied up (and also save you from monoactivating), and try to finish the games where you've had disconnection problems. You might well find people had a reason to leave and are quite happy to finish at some later date, or you might earn that concession you want.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2017 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

1) Make more teams, you get more likely games from box when you activate more teams at different TV ranges
2) Join 145 club, it is a league for new players to learn
3) Send PM to your oppo about if they want to continue that game, if not, case solved and move to step 4
4) send ticket to admin about game that isn't finished
5) ...
6) profit?
kummo

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2017 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Also 2/27 Is a very high %.. you were really unlucky.

I think i have had some problems with scheduling box game (someone activated box but either moved to another site or started ranked game).. this has happened maybe 2 or 3 times for my 100+ box games.. but i have finished all my box games (altho one oppo took over a month to reply.. i have 20+ box teams so i didn't miss having one "stuck".. i believe most people would had sent ticket after few days and my month-of-wait is probably one extreme situation and very much exception here).
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2017 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

flub wrote:
I've had two players quit on me in the Black Box when I started to win. It's a serious inconvenience. I like FUMBBL but 2/27, those are bad odds.

Can dropped games be counted as concessions? If they don't come back within a certain amount of time, can I just get the win and keep going? I resume, pick my MVPs and keep it pushing?

As it is, I have to put in tickets and wait hours just to get my team back, because these guys cannot simply concede. The awesome, rage inducing game I played is counted for nothing because some people act like babies. I know you don't want disconnects being counted against anyone, but I don't think disconnections are a major thing. People drop because they are losing and their feelings got hurt, not because they forgot to pay their service provider. In my experience, anyway.

I think quitting should be seriously discouraged, or dropped games should be counted as auto concessions in favor of the coach who stuck around. Right now, upon starting a team you are warned to not write any bad naughty words or use capslock. Why not add a note about dropping games - "don't do it guys, it's a pain in the ass for EVERYONE"- something like that?

Haha, I do love threads like this.

Just so you know flub, all the staff here are volunteers. We do this in our spare time, for free, to help the community keep running smoothly.

Demanding a ticket is actioned is probably not the best way forward, especially considering manners cost nothing.

There is an established disconnection process in place which everyone needs to follow

https://fumbbl.com/help:DiscProb

However the force forfeit button is not working at the moment so the only options you really have are to either

1. Carry on trying to arraange to finish the game.
2. Get the game cancelled.

Agree that it does suck when people just quit when things don't go their way as it causes hassle for the opponents and the staff that we need to intervene. I often think that people forget this is just a game.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2017 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Can this thread be conceded?

DLE College 7s
Dominik

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2017 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

What if your legendary +ST +ST player got apo killed in a game and you quit the game? Does this effectively save his life?
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2017 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, if anyone tried to exploit in this way I would just retire the player.

Funny how disconnections always seem to happen after something like that occurs. And weirdly they can never find time to finish the game....... odd.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2017 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
Funny how disconnections always seem to happen after something like that occurs. And weirdly they can never find time to finish the game....... odd.
+1

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2017 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

My +ST+ST Helf Blitzer died on the last block of the game Sad

I didn't even have the chance to ragequit.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2017 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Quit all menz!