25 coaches online • Server time: 04:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Harad

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 06:26 Reply with quote Back to top

In a recent game one of my players delivered a truly MVP performance. With his teammates falling all around him he did everything from blitzing the ball carrier to surviving sack attempts and running in a hat-trick. Unfortunately he actually messed up one of his first plays and so in some ways discounts himself from this forum post.

It got me thinking that I'd be interested to see more truly great individual performances. When have been the times that one of your players has stood up and carried the team?

I'm sure there are quite few instances of a single clawpomber winning the game with 7 casualties, or a one turner runs in a silly number of touchdowns but I'm really more interested in all action against the odds heroics where a single player pulls off 3 or 4 plays where you were taking a deep breath before each one.
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 06:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it's not AMAZING, but I had a memorable game very early in my SWL career where naca'Tamalli (a Saurus with Break Tackle) managed to basically singlehandedly halt a Khemri advance and salvage a draw.
Unfortunately it's an LRB4 skijunkie client game, and so no spectating!

The player went on to have a long and relatively illustrious career in both SWL and SWL Fringe, including a 5 cas match recently against some other lizards...

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

for example this skink (see bio), a journeyman skink that made a great performance, got hired after that game and is now a legend
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=1472249
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep an eye on the Goblin -

https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?replay=227470

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

My High Elf Lineman, Nova, was for a long time the star player on my Valdimar Eagles team. One performance I distinctly remember was when he single-handedly beat a full undead team when the Eagles were down to 3 players. He blitzed the b/c through multiple tzs, picked up in the same turn and then they simply couldn't get the ball off him Very Happy . Unfortunately, he died on 166 spp - would have been my first FUMBBL legend Sad (replay seems to be broke for that Undead game, unfortunately)

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

On a related note, I wonder what the highest spps ever recorded for a player in a single game is? Probably some Wood Elf playing a picked game vs a complete rookie though ..

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3897957

100% Wolf win.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Will Clarke had 6 casualties in the Season 3 DLE Super Bowl.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Keep an eye on the Goblin -

https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?replay=227470

Strong gobbo performance, I was hoping he would finish with a ttm touchdown.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 17:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

He'd certainly has his wheetabix

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombar Soarcheeck made me win my first Smack in this game.

He makes an idiotic move in turn 3 of the second half, but truly shines turns 5,6 and 7.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Although not as great as some of the above performances this was by a snotling so a hat-trick and MVP was impressive. Only 1 of the them was by TTM. Little Lord Lucan against Chaos Pact.
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3526383

He also scored 3 in this match. Though two of them were TTMs and it was v Halflings. He did recover the ball after taking a knockdown, which was good for an AV4 stunty fellow.
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3784819

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
On a related note, I wonder what the highest spps ever recorded for a player in a single game is? Probably some Wood Elf playing a picked game vs a complete rookie though ..

I think that's in the record book...
"Most SPP in a match ~ 23 for Borris "The Next Big Thing" of Fling Mafia in this match, coached by jarvis_pants"
(The individual match record not loading for me.)
Harad

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Way out of date I imagine, I have done at least 24 and there are one turners who have scored more than 10 tds in a game.
 Jump to: