50 coaches online • Server time: 19:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Stunty Leeg
I love this Leeg and play when I can.
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Not for me thanks.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I play now and again.
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
There are other things I play before I think of stunty (SL, L, R, B, etc)
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

Throweck

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

This forum is for opinions, thoughts, etc regarding Stunty Leeg.

Some questions to start with...

1)What would people like to see for Stunty Leeg in the future?

2)What makes people play it?

3)What makes people not play it?

4)Anything else?

Thank you for your time. The plan is to let this forum run for a while then take some ideas to EA and C. No promises but I want to try.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

1) I've heard rumors of a stunty secret leagues in the works. Such a thing might be a short term fix to get more interest in stunty. The up side is that nothing needs be done to stunty, as this would be completely independent via custom rulesets, similar to Garion's secret league.

2) I think a lot of coaches are drawn to the bloodier matches that stunty can provide.

3) most likely, that matches in stunty become one sided a lot more quickly than standard blood bowl. It's impossible in stunty to find balance in matches, as one or two dice rolls cam completely destroy a team's competitive chances.

4) a lack of tournaments keeps a lot of coaches from delving into the little guys. Sure, we run brawls, but we've been struggling to fill those up lately. Aside from that, there's the necromiser, exploding cup, and the stunty cup. They all have fun prizes, but these are stunty league only prizes, which aren't as desirable in a setting that has almost no player base.

To this, I propose stunty rookie rumbles in addition to brawls, and perhaps one more tournament.

5) bring back piling on to stunty. Yes, it's super OP In the format, but currently it's an advantage enjoyed only by older and established teams. New teams are rare now because they can't compete against the myriad grandfathered teams that will clawPOMB them off the pitch. And that's a problem because the established teams will sit on gamefinder for hours and offer whatever stunty is available because of a lack of player base. There's no incentive to stay new teams either, because it's already hard enough to find games.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:

3) most likely, that matches in stunty become one sided a lot more quickly than standard blood bowl. It's impossible in stunty to find balance in matches, as one or two dice rolls cam completely destroy a team's competitive chances.

5) bring back piling on to stunty. Yes, it's super OP In the format, but currently it's an advantage enjoyed only by older and established teams.

So, you say that Stunty Leeg matches become more one-sided more quickly and at the same time you endorse bringing back Piling On?

Do you realize that Piling On adds even more one-sideness potential and randomness to a stunty environment?

I'm not craving to play in Stunty Leeg at the moment, considering the cherrypicking going on there and lack of matchmaking, but for sure adding Piling On again would make the division even less appealing to me because it would add more undesidered wild randomness to AV/Injury rolls.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

They definitely should not bring back Piling On for selection.
Secret League will have contributed to the later decay of Stunty Leeg, though it was already well down on popularity, but of course new players wont be directed to Stunty either.
There is little publicity for Stunty Leeg anymore. Again Secret League has taken away attention for people wanting to play non core teams.

The reason to play it is more relaxed matches (hopefully) between wacky teams. Including more casualties and secret weapons.
The reason not play it is probably the same thing, along with it not being in core rules.
Also a lot of the people who still play will have established teams that are very tough.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The wacky aspect sort of didn't turn out to be true because it's possible to build such nasty teams
The playerbase has seemingly moved to secret league I think. I didn't get into SL so I went back to 'box instead

The spectre of the big nasty old teams puts me off stunty tournaments or trying to grow a team up at all really
Bakunin

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

A new helm or viceroy - too fix the new ruleset, fix and add teams and hype stunty leeg.

Absolutely love stunty leeg. The only online blood bowl I will play. It is so completly boring to play "normal" caging blood bowl, when you are losing. I dont have the patience to do that online.
You can get pitch cleared more easily in stunty, but many games dont have more cas. If you keep fighting (and maybe get some lucky ko' rolls) there are always a way back in stunty leeg.

The meta is just great.

I have a table top painted squig herder team.

Dont know

4)Anything else?

Nope - lets play some necromancers nightmare!

Last edited by Bakunin on Oct 28, 2017 - 00:26; edited 1 time in total
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2017 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:

4)Anything else?

1. More coaches (obviously). Maybe another New team discussion. I enjoy the design element more than playing I think... Smile

2. It's different. It's less serious.

3. Antithesisoftime never accepts my game offers. Razz
Actually the biggest reason for me is trouble matching up the TV of the teams I want to play (My Flings mostly) with the meager offerings that late evening NA playtimes offer.

4. I really hate that Secret League has stolen so much of the Stunty Mojo... It (Secret) is fun, but I'm not sure that the teams are as well designed as those in SL (no offense to Garion). I will admit I prefer League or Tournament play where it's not about "gamefinder" and picking or anything such. So I'd like more Tournaments in my times, but that goes back to #1
 Jump to: