46 coaches online • Server time: 11:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2017 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I'm trying to run the FFB client using the Icedtea webstart package in GNU/Linux. The client loads up and seems to run fine, except that there is an annoying grey bar that is overlaying the bottom of the window and blocking the chat input box and reroll count. I'm just wondering if anyone else uses FFB on GNU/Linux and has seen similar behaviour and/or knows of a way to get rid of the bar?

When the client first loads, a button pops up in the bar saying 'about FFB' (or something), so it seems like it is some sort of menu or status bar. I just want to move or get rid of it.

Screenshot is below (should be visible once it's been approved). Thanks!

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz

Last edited by JellyBelly on Aug 03, 2017 - 15:12; edited 2 times in total
Loew

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2017 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

there was a thread about FFB and Linux somewhere....ah yes, here

there are some ideas near the end of that thread that could help.

Because of work-related reasons I have the oracle linux package on my notebook (xubuntu 16.04, i think), on that machine it doesn't have those problems
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2017 - 18:57
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

In short, we recommend using the Oracle JRE for FFB. Icedtea (or other OpenJDK based products) might work, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2017 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Loew wrote:
there was a thread about FFB and Linux somewhere....ah yes, here

there are some ideas near the end of that thread that could help.

Because of work-related reasons I have the oracle linux package on my notebook (xubuntu 16.04, i think), on that machine it doesn't have those problems

Ah, according to the first post in that thread, the annoying grey bar is a known issue between openjdk and the Gnome desktop environment. I switched to LXDE and it works fine.

Thanks Loew! Smile

Christer wrote:
In short, we recommend using the Oracle JRE for FFB. Icedtea (or other OpenJDK based products) might work, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Icedtea seems to work fine, as long as you're not using Gnome! Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
 Jump to: