48 coaches online • Server time: 15:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2004 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, so i recently started a new team that id never used before, a necromantic one. I can see that the ghoul should act as a thrower, getting the ball and handing it off to one of the wolves. The other wolf acts like your blitzer and the golems just stand there and look tough.

My problem is, however, what role should I use my wights in? Their normal blitzer role is filled a lot nicer by a wolf with block, so I'm at a loss.

Any suggestions?
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2004 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

i use them at utility players, IE meaning u have no apoth, ghouls, werewolves are your stong point AND your biggest weakness, use the writghts to fill any gaps u may or maynot have, otherwise i use em mainly to badger the ball carrier, and use the were wolfs somehere just forward of the ball, as should the ball pop out, who would u like to have it the wright or the werewolf, + side with that if the wright fails the were wolf is back and can clean up the breack the opponents ball carrier is gann make duing there turn
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2004 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I currently use them as an SPP sink, so my wolf doesn't become a lone star. Wink

Other than that, it always pays to have four Blitzers instead of two. They're more mobile than the zombies and are one more player who can score TDs with relative ease.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2004 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The wights are supposed to be the "throwers" I think. It simply comes down to the fact that they only have general access. Give em sure hands and have them retrieve the ball and hand it off to the ghouls or wolves. Personally, I think the only skills really useful to them are tackle, sure hands and maybe kick or strip ball. That's not a bad set of skills, but it's basically all you can do with them unless you roll many doubles.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2004 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Um dont forget dirty player...

Even if you dont foul that often (or at all) its a nice deterant and should help save your wolves. If you do foul often then well having a 6 move fouler that regens is never a bad thing. Twisted Evil

Some others guys thoughts
arcane
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2004 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I always thought of them as slightly faster than zombie damage sinks. Just stand them next to things that could hit your wolves or ghouls and let them take the punishment instead. This is essentially the same thing you do with zombies, but the wights have a better chance at keeping up with the faster players.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2004 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Don't get dirty player. Let your zombies get ejected from the game.

I think that wrights can be best used defensively as they are tough and with block. get them tackle and then shadowing no one can get past them and they are bastards to tackle. With Necromantic I think the idea is to hand off the ball and do short passes allot more as the only guy with any kind of skills usefull to throwing is the wolf and that is only on the recieving end.
 Jump to: