54 coaches online • Server time: 19:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Shut up Pythrr?
YES!
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
NO!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I will hit you with a brick!
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
No, free speech will save amerika!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The 45 for life!
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Putin's trousers.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Pythrr - why did you take the green pill today?
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2017 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Thunderfrog wrote:
Also there's some bit of fair social contribution in knowingly playing the villain, so give him credit for that, if it's the case.

I don't know, haven't been here long enough.

But in the context of his original question he did nothing wrong.

That original context is devoid of all the instances pythrr has gotten into a tiff with another coach and put the entirety of ownership of the situation on the other coach. NEVERMIND HE IS ROUTINELY THE FOCAL POINT OF COACHING TIFFS!

ive long believed pythrr to be putting on an act only because the alternative is sad and sometimes actors need direction so their performance doesnt get worn out and tiresome.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2017 - 20:47
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
you are, with all due respect, entirely misinterpreting what i asked.

I asked about one event, and commenting "great dice" on that one event.

I'm not talking about a post-match comment, but in game, as part of an observation. nowhere do i say "I'm better than you and would have won, but for dice". You are putting words in my mouth, and I would expect more impartiality from a site admin.

You, sir, are putting words in my mouth. At no point did I quote you, name you or refer to your situation directly. I was commenting on a general situation containing no specific persons. I'm as impartial as they come.

However, addressing you and your situation directly, I'd ask the following.

When you said "great dice" to your opponent:

a) What was the point of your comment and what were you hoping to achieve?
b) What was the response you expected to receive?
c) What do you feel would have been a reasonable response to your statement?

Have a nice day

Josh

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2017 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:

However, addressing you and your situation directly, I'd like to ask the following.

When you said "great dice" to your opponent:

a) What was the point of your comment and what were you hoping to achieve?
b) What was the response you expected to receive?
c) What do you feel would have been a reasonable response to your statement?

Have a nice day

Josh

[a] the point of my comment was to point out that 66366 was a good sequence of dice (it is pretty good, no?). Am i to be banned from pointing out what happens in game? wow.

[b] a response from most coaches, including myself, would have been "yeah, wasn't it", and on the game would go.

[c] see [b]

Have a great day. I hope you have time in your schedule to address the personal abuse I am recieiving in this thread.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2017 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
I didn't even think OBBA existed anymore. Well if you think that makes up for the countless time you've spent

A. Provoking reactions from opponents and playing dumb each and every time
B. Using those reactions to threaten, even if playfully, that an Admin will be involved. Usually pretty swiftly as well. Like, that's your nuclear option and you go to it so readily and so easily at this point that one is lead to believe you're either full of it or the Admins are probably tired of your shenanigans as much as anyone else is.
C. Regularly starting self indulgent threads and blog posts related to your behavior that tells a ridiculously one sided story lacking context in which you deliberately provoke people.

I mean sure, OBBA is great I guess, why is that the only feather in your cap? Why do you think some league management lets you off the hook for all the other crap you bring to the table?

thanks for the personal abuse and unfounded accusations.

what did i ever do to you? we've only ever had good interactions in game.

what was the last thing you did for the fumbbl community?

Its not personal or related to the way we interact in game. Its about catching everyone up to speed on your shenanigans so they can either engage you in earnest on the game of bait, tattle, blog or engage your persona who finds great comedic value in bait, tattle blog.

Last thing i did for the fumbbl community was outline the two most plausible scenarios for why you keep at this racket.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2017 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
pythrr wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
I didn't even think OBBA existed anymore. Well if you think that makes up for the countless time you've spent

B. Using those reactions to threaten, even if playfully, that an Admin will be involved. Usually pretty swiftly as well. Like, that's your nuclear option and you go to it so readily and so easily at this point that one is lead to believe you're either full of it or the Admins are probably tired of your shenanigans as much as anyone else is.
C. Regularly starting self indulgent threads and blog posts related to your behavior that tells a ridiculously one sided story lacking context in which you deliberately provoke people.

I mean sure, OBBA is great I guess, why is that the only feather in your cap? Why do you think some league management lets you off the hook for all the other crap you bring to the table?

Its not personal or related to the way we interact in game. Its about catching everyone up to speed on your shenanigans so they can either engage you in earnest on the game of bait, tattle, blog or engage your persona who finds great comedic value in bait, tattle blog.

more unfounded personal abuse. have a nice day.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2017 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel I get bad dice sometimes and I'm prone to bemoaning it, but I also then feel bad on the odd game I clearly have good dice that are screwing an opponent. To me it feels cheap to win, or lose, because of rolling continual 6s or 1s. If I see an opponent who just flat out plays better or positions better, or has a well developed team, I'll compliment it. I do also point out when someone gets crazy rolls or does something unorthodox (and possibly) yet intriguing. Sometimes that generates an interesting discussion and sometimes that seems to provoke people to be defensive. I think BB, in general, is as much about luck as it is about skill after a certain level of competence. Being able to comment on the luck element shouldn't be a crime. I've cringed and admitted good luck to an opponent when they rightfully call shenanigans on streaks of good dice rolls of mine. I actually genuinely feel bad when a long shot works at times, though it does have that "woo, good dice for once!" feeling too.

I suggest just remembering which coaches haven't been friendly, polite or good sports (or otherwise irked you somehow) and simply avoiding them. Good luck.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2017 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
pythrr wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

more unfounded personal abuse. have a nice day.

You know you have a hand in shaping opinions. Work on that.
 Jump to: