40 coaches online • Server time: 13:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2017 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Go push that button hard and often. Just warn them beforehand (which apparently you already do).

I used to warn slow players in chat that I would time them out if they consistently exceeded the 4 minutes time limit. Back when I did play games, of course. I hardly ever had to time anyone out though. It doesn't happen often that someone takes more than 4 minutes repeatedly.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2017 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, avoid coaches with few games played (<100) as they tend to be unfamiliar with the client and fumbbl in general, and may be unexperienced in blood bowl, thus taking longer to play their turns. I've seen quite a bit of rookie action in your match history.

Also, when playing R you can also avoid accepting challenges from notoriously slow coaches, whom I may not name.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2017 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Faulcon wrote:
Thunderfrog wrote:

I guess I lump it in with the ol' illegal procedure mindset? I don't mind enforcing it on someone online I don't know,because there's no mutual friendship at risk by hitting the button, but in person we usually let it slide because we are probably playing with a bud.

When you've been here a little longer and become part of the community you won't just be playing strangers any more and then your opinion might change.

Now that's something I hope DOES happen. In which case, I will probably not be so quick to hit the button if it's an internet pal or acquaintance.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2017 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I think if you are going to time out first time you should warn them at the start. Or better if you are timing out at least let them off the first time. If you don't warn then it is kind of a gaming advantage as most people don't time out. It is allowed, but it is unpleasant. Also consider if they are quite a new player and perhaps could have a little leeway. Longtime players should know to play at reasonable speed. The worst is if someone lets you off going over 4 mins and then you time them out later in return. I have had that done to me before and I was not impressed. I think that is the real no-no if you haven't been quick yourself.
1 hour is also very quick. 3 minute turns each is 96 minutes total without setups so having to allow 90 mins is fair. Tabletop games take so, so much longer, but they do often allow 2 and a half hours in tournaments.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2017 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends on framework and opponent. In NBFL, I time out mercilessly. In Ranked, I give a warning.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2017 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to the last 2 posts.

I usually warn the first time, saying something like "Hey bud, fyi, I usually time out at 4 mins."

I also tend to give a 1 minute warning.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2017 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

time out all mens

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2017 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

i get bored and start typing
"tick tock, tick tock"
from 3 minutes onwards

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2017 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
i get bored and start typing
"tick tock, tick tock"
from 3 minutes onwards

Last edited by ArrestedDevelopment on %b %08, %2017 - %12:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2017 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

YES THIS IS EXACTLY WHY

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2017 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Timing out is for people with small... hands.

Oscar Wilde
 Jump to: