52 coaches online • Server time: 17:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tussock

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2017 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Good evening.

A major shakeup for SSL this season, with the old random draw system for divisions killed dead. Each team is now given a Power rating for their previous season's efforts, TW at the end, plus TD diff, plus Cas diff, plus double their Score.

The 6 most Powerful returning teams go to Whipsundays, where the giant Norse first won.
Next 6 most Powerful go in Paintree Rainforest, where various middling size teams went all the way.
Next 6 go in The Blasted Plains, where the Zons took their titles early on when still fairly small.
Rest with the new teams in Red Mountains, which saw rookie Khemri take the title not so long ago.

Stunties can choose up or down one after teams are confirmed, the winners of our divisions will meet in the playoffs as usual.

We're still confirming who's in and out from last season, but anyone joining will get a random draft of whatever roster is open, one of each, it's yours until death.

Update: Currently recruiting, open teams are Lizard and Khemri.

Death of the players, that is, SSL features NO PLAYER RETIREMENTS, and with never a concession allowed, you'll get pitch cleared now and then and run up a stack of perms with the best of us. That was a brutal final S9.

There's 100k for TWO free cards, +1 to all fouls, Sneaky Git goes to KO box, Secret Weapon stars only, MUST TAKE STATS on Skill ups (not for stunty teams those last two), Right Stuff cancels Tackle on blocks, reminder there is a spiked ball in play at all times, and just generally be decent to each other, have a chat, no timeouts, feel free to ask for some more speed if you're in a rush.

SSL, we are Sydney timezone league, Server +8, five rounds of ten days each, we're looking to kick off soon so if you might be interested, leave a message here, or PM tussock, jevouse, or bigbullies, or join the discord we share with other southern leagues, and say hi.

Last edited by tussock on Aug 19, 2017 - 05:33; edited 1 time in total
tussock

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2017 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

End of S9 Power ratings for teams.

326 Norse
265 Vamp
256 Chaos
247 Helf
225 Zons
208 Nurgs
198 Rats
190 Elf
185 Lizard
175 Human
160 Woodie
160 Undead
158 OGAR
155 Delf
153 Goblin
153 Chorf
150 Fling
146 Dwarf
135 Slann
119 Orc
112 Necro
112 Unders
102 Khemri
87 Renegades

Our old Flings and Gobs are out, busy coaches, we have new Flings already, in talks with a previous Goblin coach about a return. We are likely recruiting though, so let us know if you might be keen now or in future. Cheers. o/

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2017 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

For the sake of variety I would rather see two heavyweight leagues and two lightweight leagues. That way at least you won't be seeing the same folks in the same division season in season out. Also it won't be the case of the winner of the heavyweight league being massive favourite in the play-offs.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2017 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly that probably won't really happen. Just the first season then they jumble again. Should be fun.
DustBunny

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2017 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

POWAAA!!

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
Boriz

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2017 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

How are the power rankings worked out? My 5 game ogre team are half way up?!?!

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2017 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Boriz, Power is Tourney Weight, plus TD diff, plus Cas diff, plus double Points, from end S9.

Ogres had a great season, -3 TD diff, +10 Cas diff, 9 points, not far off winning their division. Too much Power to opt into another round of beating on new teams by the look of it, but as a stunty team you can drop one division, or go up one, as you like after we've settled the teams.

--

m0gw41, I also note the potential variety issues, we'll be watching that very closely. The Old teams are not all at the top, the youngest teams are not all at the bottom, and the older teams had an advantage in seasonal TD diff and Points they now lose.

Some will consider Whipsundays to be a lock for winning the playoffs, but this is the best shot the younger teams will get, full stars in the playoffs, those agile teams in Paintree this season can't be ruled out, and neither can a great run from the younger teams: it's happened before with the Khemri and the Necro.

--

So we'll see how this shakes out, I may not have a much of team left for next season against that lot, but I'm hoping to give as good as I get. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2017 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Power rankings?

So this is how the dream dies...

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2017 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

There has to be a solution somewhere. The +1200 tv with stars banned beatdowns are no longer even a game.

Unbanning stars might do the trick too.
tussock

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2017 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Should've never given up those Pro Elfs, Poods. You got to like them, eventually. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2017 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
Should've never given up those Pro Elfs, Poods. You got to like them, eventually. Smile

Like is a strong term. I don't like anything tuss, just hate some less than others...

Laughing

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2017 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
Power rankings?

this was a necessary evil to prevent the massive coach drops we were getting due to tv differences we are all fingers crossed it mitigates the problem of the dream will be that much harder to retain

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2017 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

bigbullies wrote:
DrPoods wrote:
Power rankings?

this was a necessary evil to prevent the massive coach drops we were getting due to tv differences we are all fingers crossed it mitigates the problem of the dream will be that much harder to retain

I clearly hadn't engaged the "tongue in cheek" filter.

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2017 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

lol Im in the top 6 knew I shouldnt have won those 2 games last season.

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2017 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
bigbullies wrote:
DrPoods wrote:
Power rankings?

I clearly hadn't engaged the "tongue in cheek" filter.

I knew you had mate you are poods after all Smile
But it seemed a good time to clarify it as well