32 coaches online • Server time: 16:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
stevealmost

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2017 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Advice needed... Just leveled my Storm Vermin in a fairly bash heavy league. He has Block, Mighty Blow, Piling On and Frenzy, rolled a 6+4 on his level so i'm torn between +MV, to get to his targets especially after piling on, +AV he's a fun piece, I would like to keep him alive and Tackle, less TV bloat, playing Dark Elves in a couple games with spam blodge. All suggestions welcome, thanks in advance!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2017 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2017 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah tackle - if you get a double after that you'll want claw and if you don't get a double then stand firm because of frenzy.
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2017 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA combines excellently with Frenzy too. It would be my choice.

Oscar Wilde
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2017 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take Juggernaut over Stand Firm on that player, way better with Frenzy.

Last edited by MattDakka on Aug 20, 2017 - 02:50; edited 1 time in total
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2017 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle. Juggernaut next.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2017 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont forget Guard!
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2017 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd probably take the MA, since you'll be able to retreat him to safety easier, on the turns he isn't piling
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2017 - 05:21 Reply with quote Back to top

+AV would move him to AV9, right?
That sounds tempting on a guy you are PURPOSEFULLY putting on the ground on a team with generally poor AV.

As an opponent, I would probably not even bother to set up the gang-foul on him at AV9... unless I was already crushing your team and just felt like killing that Rat.
But at AV8... he is a prime target, a necessary target and a relatively easy target.
At AV9... I try to kill some other Rat to be able to outnumber you.

I don't know what I would choose to do with my own team. I like all 3 of your choices. I guess I would give a slight edge to +AV over Tackle and a slight edge to Tackle over +MA. But we are talking SLIGHT edges.
stevealmost

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2017 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the replies! I was hoping for more consensus but I guess the general opinion is that all of those options would be OK and that there probably isn't a right or wrong answer in terms of what to take.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2017 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle. You should not neglect tackle on storm vermin as they are your only likely killers without a few doubles on linemen or fortunate rolls on a rogre (who's still unreliable).

While it may be a bashy league, most teams end up with a blodger or two eventually.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2017 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't go wrong with either +MV or Tackle. +AV isn't bad on him but the other options are better.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2017 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I won't go with +MA, as in most scenarios, he'll either be on the ground (if blitzed/blocked successful and piled on) or next to an opponent in a tackle zone (if both blocks resulted in pushes/both downs), so running away isn't his style.

So you either want to ensure he will block more successful (tackle the way to go) or take hits more easily (+AV the way to go).

As you said, you like that little vermin very much and want to ensure he'll be there much longer to bring pain and broken bones to your opponents, I'd say +AV then. Make him your special little whisker.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2017 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Dont forget Guard!

+1
Skaven always need more guard
 Jump to: