48 coaches online • Server time: 13:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Four blitzers or 3 & a Witch Elf?
Blitzers
53%
 53%  [ 58 ]
Witch Elf
46%
 46%  [ 51 ]
Total Votes : 109

NickNutria

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2017 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

A runner is better than a linemen in almost any aspect than av, but +ma is much better than +av, the more movemetn you got the rarer you will be hit.

Av7 isn't that bad, ask woodies who win more gamss than dark elves who have much more av.

The trick to win games with any elven team is ag4 and blodge the av isn't thar important.
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2017 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

NickNutria wrote:
A runner is better than a linemen in almost any aspect than av, but +ma is much better than +av, the more movemetn you got the rarer you will be hit.

Av7 isn't that bad, ask woodies who win more gamss than dark elves who have much more av.

The trick to win games with any elven team is ag4 and blodge the av isn't thar important.

This is so wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start.

But sure, play with as many Runners as you want, they are terrible, they will cost you games.

I'm pretty sure most Wood Elf coaches would gladly trade their linemen for DE linemen, I know I sure as hell would.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2017 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok here's a scientific* way of deciding

Find a DE team who took a runner deep into a major tournament

I'll go first with counter-example, PeteW's Ultimate Mr Men
Semi finals of recent GLT, with 4 blitzers, 1 witch, 7 linemen.
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3914470

I challenge anyone who likes runners, to find a match from a team who took runner and did better in a recent tournament

If you can't, it means runners suck
Dominik

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2017 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Current XFL Winner:
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=834408

There are two approaches on who to assign as your primary ball carrier: Choose your strongest yet reasonable agile player to force any opposing fast and agile team to try -2db blitzes.
Choose your fastest player as your primary ball carrier to have the strong players there, where you need them against bashy opponents - on the front.

A Dark Elf Blitzer ain't designed better as a ball carrier than a runner is, but he'll be missed in the blocking and tackle zone game.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2017 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
Ok here's a scientific* way of deciding

Find a DE team who took a runner deep into a major tournament

I'll go first with counter-example, PeteW's Ultimate Mr Men
Semi finals of recent GLT, with 4 blitzers, 1 witch, 7 linemen.
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3914470

I challenge anyone who likes runners, to find a match from a team who took runner and did better in a recent tournament

If you can't, it means runners suck

Don't bet against Dominik.
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2017 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:

A Dark Elf Blitzer ain't designed better as a ball carrier than a runner is, but he'll be missed in the blocking and tackle zone game.

He is actually, he starts with block.

But more to the point, you also have 3 other blitzers and 1 or 2 witches (most likely) to do your blitzing and blocking anyway.

If you are constantly getting 4+ blocks per turn on your opponent then your opponent is terrible and you could probably beat them with assassins.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2017 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

If my rookie Dark Elf play Wood Elf, i'd use a Blitzer as a ball carrier too. Once my Runner has Sure Hands, Block or Dodge, he'd be my ball carrier even in these matchups.
The freed Blitzer can then annoy Wood Elf with his Tackle, Diving Tackle and Side Step which a Lineman cannot mostly.
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2017 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
If my rookie Dark Elf play Wood Elf, i'd use a Blitzer as a ball carrier too. Once my Runner has Sure Hands, Block or Dodge, he'd be my ball carrier even in these matchups.

A blitzer as ball carrier is always one skill ahead of the runner though, so when your runner has sure hands, the blitzer has blodge or block/sure hands.

Dominik wrote:
The freed Blitzer can then annoy Wood Elf with his Tackle, Diving Tackle and Side Step which a Lineman cannot mostly.

You have three other blitzers and one or two witches who can do those things.

Seriously, it's not hard to comprehend is it?
Dominik

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2017 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Dominik wrote:

A blitzer as ball carrier is always one skill ahead of the runner though, so when your runner has sure hands, the blitzer has blodge or block/sure hands.

Dominik wrote:

Seriously, it's not hard to comprehend is it?

I prefer to have players with Block/Wrestle to do the blocking stuff instead of Rookie Linemen.
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2017 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:

I prefer to have players with Block/Wrestle to do the blocking stuff instead of Rookie Linemen.

????

Are you not understanding me?

Do you play with only one Blitzer and not use witches?
Dominik

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2017 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

You cannot have 4 Blitzers and 1 Witch at the start of any rookie Dark Elf team unless you forego an apothecary and have only 1 reroll.

And:
licker wrote:

I prefer to have four Blitzers and if money is available one or two witches to do those things.

Listen:
I prefer to have a player with Dump Off only to carry my ball and have four blockers on the front than to have a player with Block only to carry my ball and have three blockers on the front.
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2017 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not a question of preference it's a question of necessity.

Do you need 4 blitzers and witches to do those things?

The answer is no, you do not.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2017 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

It's ridiculous to ask if you are fine with 3 Blockers instead of 4.
The least maximum that someone can be fine with is 7, because of 3 being on the LOS and 1 being a Dirty Player eventually.
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2017 - 05:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it's not as though you never get any other skills on any other players either...

I mean if you're just talking about rookie teams then you have a couple of games where it matters.

After that, you've got a worthless runner stealing spp from actually good players anyway.

And even in some matchups against teams with ST4 you can't even get your LOS blocks, so yeah, you really do not need all 4 blitzers to throw blocks, since the only time that usually is even applicable is for you receiving a kick.

And hell, let a line elf pick up the ball and hand it off to someone anyway. If your opponent is any good at defense you will likely wind up having to make a pass/hand off at some point in your drive, so it simply does not matter who is your 'carrier' at the start.
BuskFare

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2017 - 05:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Taking a witch gives you more options, and versatility is a very important thing to have
 Jump to: