24 coaches online • Server time: 09:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2019 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

So, this game is an addiction for me. I have a table top team for most official races and now I find myself picking up models for SL teams from time to time.

The thing is, I don't care if they are meant to be Blood Bowl/Elf Bowl/ Kaos Ball/ Dungeon Bowl models. I've normally found those to be expensive for my taste. If I pay more than $35 for a team I feel like I could have gotten a better deal.

So I have branched out. I picked up a ton of Zombicide models first. I used the fatties for Nurgle warriors, the Abominotaur for a beast of Nurgle, and normal zombies for rotters.

The next team used Zombicide zombies to fill out my Undead and Necro teams. I got about 40 models for $30 on Ebay.

Once those were painted up I hit Zombicide again and picked up their orc models. This time I spent about $50 on models but I will soon have a Savage Orc, Orc Big Un, Hobgoblin, and Forest Goblin team. (I had spider riders and I still need to buy one troll.) I may even have a couple of orcs or goblins left over.

Once I get all of that painted, I want to work on some of the SL human teams. Brets should be easy I just need knights and peasants without weapons. Deamons should also be easy but finding cheap models is difficult.

Have any of you branched out like this? What economic miniature lines would you recommend?

My savage orcs are almost complete. I will post pics once the painting is complete.
Eisenherz

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2019 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I branched out a lot: For Demons i have Hell Dorado Miniatures but they aint cheap.
I can also recommend The Others: Seven Sins

Have fun!
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2019 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombies work quite well as Thralls for the Vampire team just choose the ones that still have their arms & legs! Another option would be Apocalypse survivors for thralls & Amazons.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2019 - 23:28
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Just ebay old mini's from ebay. See what you see and then build your team ideas from that if getting them cheap is part of it.
Java

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2019 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Kitbash and keep a well stocked bitzbox. I used to pick up leftover sprues from painter friends for peanuts and I've used stuff from almost every warhammer army to make some of my teams, along with an healthy dose of green stuff. If only I could put the same effort into painting them afterwards Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2019 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Eisenherz wrote:
I branched out a lot: For Demons i have Hell Dorado Miniatures but they aint cheap.
I can also recommend The Others: Seven Sins

Have fun!

Those Dorado miniatures are beautiful and expensive.

I did love the Others: 7 sins. Two boxes of any of those would give you a 16 man demon team. Those would work for Malal, tzeentch or Nurgle Demons. For Khorne and Slaanesh I would need to find some cultists. Now I know where my next purchases will be.

I have all the orcs I need. Time to get demons.
 Jump to: