92 coaches online • Server time: 22:00
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Online Welsh Open 20...goto Post Crowd funded teams &...goto Post Secret League Match ...
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rbthma



Joined: Jan 14, 2009

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2017 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
The dice generator is non-exist. In fact Christer decides each Sunday night which numbers are to be received for the upcoming week. It works this way: He enters manually any numbers from 1-6 in his console and after a few hours and ten thousands of entries he has sent enough numbers to the game server for the whole week.
Anyone who plays a game gets what number has to be "rolled" at next, so your pitty is indeed that you got his 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 which he obviously typed on his keyboard sunday last week.

I can imagine his sinister smile on his face when he did so!


I'm quite certain Christer is more technologically advanced than that...pfft... manually entering numbers

Room full of cats and a several dozen jingly plush dice with cameras mounted to the ceiling and dice face recognition software to record all dice rolls landing face up- results are uploaded to FUMBBL. Explains the downtime that FUMBBL rarely has too - cats have not been fed and more must be procured.

Simplest solution I can come up with Confused
Zabriskie69



Joined: Oct 18, 2016

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2017 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a conspiration, this not happends with a golden badge.
fabrizionano



Joined: Jun 24, 2012

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2017 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
The greatest Human Lineman of all time took a niggle on a triple-skull against a Snotling. Well, actually, he went down and the Snot fouled him for the niggle. But the point is, it happens.

hahahhaah and how many times it has happened?
fabrizionano



Joined: Jun 24, 2012

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2017 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:
Already there under the Help/Advanced Site Use Very Happy

I still think having a nice relaxing dice-rattle sound would reduce the number of questions about the RNG.


not a so bad idea
Dominik



Joined: Oct 29, 2004

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2017 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

On each roll? Av roll and so on? Audio overkill!
Roland



Joined: May 12, 2004

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2017 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

fabrizionano wrote:
Dominik wrote:
See it in this way: you won't get six skulls in a row for many years again. I had mine around 500 games ago.


MAN THE PROBLEM IS THAT I'M TAKING 4-5 TRIPLE SKULLS IN EVERY MATCH ...


That's because you don't donate to Christer:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr#/checkout/openButton
Rbthma



Joined: Jan 14, 2009

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2017 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
On each roll? Av roll and so on? Audio overkill!


Perhaps only on the block dice - I've never heard anyone complain about bad dice on AV rolls for some reason though I'm sure it happens as often as the block dice.
Craftnburn



Joined: Jul 29, 2005

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2017 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure when I've been more disappointed in the Fummbl "community". Sad
Mori-mori-mori



Joined: Dec 28, 2014

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2017 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

fabrizionano, though it doesn't really concern me much, as I play rarely on fumbbl, I've got a thing or two with people claiming dices are against them in Cyanide's BB. So far, no one was able to provide a set of replays proving that it's indeed a clear pattern. I haven't seen even a single replay (and single replay proves little, anyway, in one game it may happen, once in a while) where somebody rolls and rerolls triple ones 2-4 times per game. So may be I'm finally lucky? All replays are saved on fumbbl. Could you please give me 2-3 such your matches to check out? As you say it happens all the time, it shouldn't take you long to provide me those links..
paradocks



Joined: Jun 14, 2004

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2017 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Some of the best memories come from bad luck..

A few of my my favourites:
Losing the most expensive player on my team dead to a rock on the 1st turn of the team's debut, apo fails

Almost every single +stat player from LRB3/4 aged with a niggle on their stat roll, if not then they niggled on their next roll

Rolling about 16 1's in a row with a full ogre squad to lose in the final few turns against a few remaining opponents on the field, anything other than 16 1's in a row would've made it very nearly impossible to lose

The only time I've got to hire Morg (possibly was 1 other game I hired him) having him rolling pushes in his first turn, then oppo rookie lineman throws a -2db KO'ing Morg and having him fail the 4 or 5 ko rolls for the rest of the game

And perhaps my all time favourite; losing pretty much every single coin toss for kick/recieve that mattered over the course of 13 years.. I consider myself lucky even getting to the point where I can lose a coin toss, often I'm forfeited before the match even starts for the opponent not showing up Very Happy
Elyoukey



Joined: Nov 30, 2006

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2017 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I beleive every topic on this subject should be automatically directed to this link :
https://fumbbl.com/help:FFB_RNG

here are the steps to be allowed to continue the topic:

1-read this full article and understand every single word
2-read the wikipedia link to Fortuna, AES and SHA
3-once you did understand everything, figure out a real scientific test (with correct statistics, numbers and methodology) that can demonstrate that the RNG is not random. I am pretty sure that at this point, if you think you are able to do so, Christer will be more than happy to help you.
4-come back and discuss those numbers, not your "gut feeling"

epilogue
5-use your knowledge to hack the banks/military-system/CIA/NSA/wikileaks/you-name-it cryptographic algorythms and get rich
6-give half your winnings to fumbbl
7-go retired in a private island and play bloodbowl for ever

_________________
Image
Medon



Joined: Jan 28, 2015

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2017 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol you are right, the bad luck memories do stay. I remember trying to pick up the ball for an entire half with a gutter runner, succeeding finally in turn 7 but too late to be able to score a touch down
Squiglet



Joined: Aug 13, 2015

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2017 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I certainly have experienced and remember a lot of bad rolls - that snake on the first action that basically gives my opponent 2 unopposed turns, constantly tripping over the gfi into the endzone, the troll eating the ag5 goblin. I remember these because I knew the chances of them happening were low and the consequence was high.

Obviously I don't readily recall all the times the first block roll was not trip skulls because I expected it not to be - the fact it wasn't was not a surprise.

However, I do also remember several instances of trying 'impossible' plays - calling in chat that I would make 4+ 4+ 6+ and double POW on a -2bd blitz into a cage and then actually rolling it. The 4+ 4+ 5+ 5+ 3+ dodge and pick up sequence in my last game (using a TRR for the pick up). I remember these because I was surprised that they did succeed and don't remember all those unlikely plays where I failed the first dodge roll, because I expected to fail the action.

I think players who attempt the ridiculous plays - ones no reasonable person would expect to work are less likely to fall into the 'dice hate me' 'RNG must be broken' mindtrap because they see surprising positive results as well as surprising negatives. Those that play safe-safe-safe only ever see and remember surprising negative results.

(Note - I only attempt silly plays as desperation - to prevent a certain TD etc. not as standard plays - having a go at rolling a 1/100 chance is better to my mind than just giving up and clicking End Turn without any action, plus it actually works 1 time in every 100)
Mori-mori-mori



Joined: Dec 28, 2014

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2017 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Elyoukey wrote:
I beleive every topic on this subject should be automatically directed to this link :
https://fumbbl.com/help:FFB_RNG


That's interesting read, but makes me wonder: is those random numbers are generated at fumbbl's server, then distributed to clients, or at clients themselves? I believe Cyanide uses the latter approach in both their games, with some cross-checks, when clients of 2 playing coaches controls each other's RNG streams, to ensure the opposition doesn't meddle with their dices, or something like that. How exactly does fumbbl client handle this?
Kryten



Joined: Sep 02, 2003

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2017 - 15:52
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The dice are rolled securely on the server side. The client on the user's workstation doesn't know about the dice.
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by PNphpBB2 1.2 © 2003 PNphpBB Group
Credits