41 coaches online • Server time: 00:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zeider

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Im seeing some new rules in action: you can argue with the ref (Very Happy), you can select the players for MVP, and i've read something about Piling On on this forum...

Where i can read about all those rules thogether? Are they LRB7?

Sorry, maybe this is a noob question, but i can't find it out.

Thanks.
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you looked on the main page? Very Happy

https://fumbbl.com/n/1941

Also:

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=22352
Zeider

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

THANKS! _Very Happy
Mori-mori-mori

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2017 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Just don't want to create another thread. So, what's the current state of rules used on Fumbll (I've been away for years)? Is LRB6 still active in some leagues/divisions/etc? Is BB2016+DZ1&2 implemented in its entirety (like, with variety of [home] stadiums, sponsors, new types of coaches, new stars, new Special Play Cards rules (when cards are handed off for free before match to both coaches), PO spending TRRs etc)? Is there a list which clearly, in one place, shows what parts of BB2016/DZ rules are currently implemented?
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2017 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Mori-mori-mori wrote:
Just don't want to create another thread. So, what's the current state of rules used on Fumbll (I've been away for years)? Is LRB6 still active in some leagues/divisions/etc? Is BB2016+DZ1&2 implemented in its entirety (like, with variety of [home] stadiums, sponsors, new types of coaches, new stars, new Special Play Cards rules (when cards are handed off for free before match to both coaches), PO spending TRRs etc)? Is there a list which clearly, in one place, shows what parts of BB2016/DZ rules are currently implemented?

Welcome back!

I don't think there's any 'straight' LRB6/CRP anymore on FUMBBL. In general play, we're using a sort of hybrid CRP+BB16.
BB16 is definitely not implemented in it's entirety.
The links posted by Sutherlands in this thread DO detail what has and hasn't been implemented. It's not in one place, but it's pretty straightforward.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2017 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

In a custom ruleset league, you can play straight LRB6.

Straight 2016 is not yet available.

An LRB6/2016 hybrid (mostly LRB6, no PO, no Wizard, new MVP rules, Expensive Mistakes rules) is in effect in R and B.

A slightly different LRB6/2016 hybrid (mostly LRB6, PO grandfathered in using the new "optional" rules and unavailable as a skill choice, no Wizard, new MVP rules, no Spiraling Expenses or Expensive Mistakes) is the default ruleset in L.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2017 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, @Luohghcra and @JackassRampant. To be honest, that falls short of my expectations.. Not quite what I hoped for after learning that Fumbbl adopted new rules. We don't have it in Cyanide's system, and I thought I could taste them here, at least. The idea of completely removing PO from some divisions, especially (even though I'm not bash team coach, in general). No wizard also means no Horatio, I take it? No Spiraling Expenses or Expensive Mistakes - it doesn't make much sense as well, like, "we don't use neither old, nor new approach". I believe those changes in new rules were intended to be used as a whole system, they complete each other. No new referees, inducements, card rules, stadiums, sponsors, weather etc, I suppose? What about re-drafting rule?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2017 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

They're implementing them as they can. It's gonna take some time, it's a labor of love without a lot of manpower. Donations pay for the hard costs, mostly, but the simple truth is that Christer, Kalimar, and company do this because they want to. Therefore, the drudgery of changing the client happens in fits and starts. They implemented the easy stuff first, and the additional stuff will follow.

As for Ranked and Box, the system we have works fine. There's a decided lack of craziness now with Wizards removed and the new stuff not implemented. But that lack of craziness is, in my mind, a feature, not a bug.

The League rules will change. Custom leagues can implement Expensive Mistakes. One would hope that seasons and re-drafts are just around the corner, but I have a feeling they're a little time away.

Hold tight. It'll happen. Mostly.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2017 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if it's just a temporary transition state then it's not bad, I guess. Let's see how it will develop.
 Jump to: