51 coaches online • Server time: 15:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should game statistics exclude non-competitive leagues?
Yes
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
No
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
I don't care
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 23

Dominik

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2017 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Should they continue to track all games played, Ranked, Blackbox, League, Stunty, FFB Test and so on or only the two competitive divisions Ranked and Blackbox?

Does the way statistics are handled now encourage or deter coaches to play non-competitive games?
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2017 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

You could have a separate set of numbers for each division.

But obviously, a lot of people are going to want to know their total record.
A lot of people don't give a monkeys about Ranked and Box games. The last time I looked about a third of Fumbbl coaches hardly ever play in Ranked or Box.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2017 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

who cares whos the best picker in ranked anyway?
Dominik

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2017 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
You could have a separate set of numbers for each division.

For me to have pure fun without caring about anything than the game itself means that it has no impact on the "whole picture", to which statistics add their bit.
But your suggestion brings somewhat ease to this dilemma.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2017 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

There is already separate division coach stats anyway right. Including those CR logos for specific team or division on your home page.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2017 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not strictly related to the topic, but I'd like a more compact grid for League division.
Since SL races are now included in that grid, reading it is very hard now (you have to scroll it with a sliding bar and it's not practical for a table that is supposed to be read by crossing columns and rows). A simple solution would be reducing the characters' size.

About the topic: if you play hundreds of Ranked/Box games your win rate % should not be affected too much by few games played in non-competitive leagues, but I understand what Dominik says.
Some unfair offers would be easier to accept if the L stats were not tracked.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2017 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
About the topic: if you play hundreds of Ranked/Box games your win rate % should not be affected too much by few games played in non-competitive leagues, but I understand what Dominik says.
Some unfair offers would be easier to accept if the L stats were not tracked.
NBFL coaches play more than a few non-competitive games. I've played 112 non-competitive games, out of 1684 games played. That's over one out of 15 games! My R/B win% is 65, my overall is 61.

Come to think of it, there's the Faculty and the 145 Club... maybe L stats should be omitted entirely from anybody's consideration of anything.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2017 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
NBFL coaches play more than a few non-competitive games. I've played 112 non-competitive games, out of 1684 games played. That's over one out of 15 games! My R/B win% is 65, my overall is 61.

I checked your statistics:
competitive divisions: 1122 matches
- Ranked: 1062 matches
- Box: 60 matches

non competitive divisions: 559 matches played
- Stunty Leeg: 98
- League: 461
NickNutria

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2017 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Most games you play are competetive because you normally only get gaems in ranked or blackbox, if you prefer that. League teams are rare, league matches are played in two environments: SL teams have to be league teams so here you can get games or legue teams ate made up for well: leagues. I don't think that a league is non-competetive, it is the normal tabletop format you play bloodbowl.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2017 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

But there are no rules concerning rosters and matchup balancing in League, so games like TV 1100 vs 2000 occur frequently. Then there are special themed leagues which could produce above average tds scored per game or casualties. All this gets added to the statistics.

Anyhow the majority seems to appreciate a statistic to be displayed on the coach page where all the games played on FUMBBL are recorded.
Or maybe the poll was not explained clear enough, as "game statistics" could read like the statistic you get for each game in the match report, eg how far a player rushed, the amounts of blocks.
These statistics should be displayed of course. Embarassed
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2017 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I checked your statistics:
competitive divisions: 1122 matches
- Ranked: 1062 matches
- Box: 60 matches

non competitive divisions: 559 matches played
- Stunty Leeg: 98
- League: 461
Yeah, and 112 of those 461 have been builder or click-through games. That's my point.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2017 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Which statistics are we talking about here?

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2017 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/about?c=Dominik
https://fumbbl.com/p/about?c=Koadah
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2017 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

You could add extra lines for R & B but I'm not seeing the problem apart from the builder games.

Are you going to strip out the Ranked picker games and Box low TV zons too?

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2017 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

all divisions have their competitive and noncompetitive games.