34 coaches online • Server time: 18:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Crapula

Post 1 Posted: Sep 10, 2017 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Background: After playing Fumbbl and listening to couple of nice podcasts (3 die block and Both down) I decided to make a blood bowl team (or two) just for my own amusement. There are lot of intriguing teams in Secret league, but I enjoy making new stuff. However, I will get to use Secret league team as my inspiration and benchmark. I will convert and paint the miniatures and make up the rules. I have to learn to paint as well since I have never finished any miniature. Last time I did some base coating was in 90's at the time of 3rd edition tabletop.

Roster: Team will be based on Tzeentch Horrors. I want it to be a bit less bashy than other chaos teams and I want some elements of randomness. I'm designing positionals in a way that I can also use the miniatures as thematic underworld team. There will be stunty linemen, throwers (0-2), big guy (0-1) and four other positionals (0-4 / 0-2 and 0-2). Mutations will be available with normal roll for all players but general skills will always require doubles. I will mold the team and add some fluff as I progress with miniatures and maybe even get some feedback.

Blue Horrors 0-16, 50k, 6-2-3-7, Dodge-Stunty-Extra arms-Regeneration-Demonic Instability, A, GSP
Pink Horrors 0-4, 80k, 6-4-2-8 Extra arms-Regeneration-Demonic Instability, AS, GP
Throwers 0-2, 1?0k, 5-3-3-8 Regeneration-Foul Appearance-Strong Arm, ASP, G
Big Guy 0-1, 1?0k, ???

Team specific rules:

Any time player will gain new skill coach must choose 3 skills that would be available with his improvement roll and throw D3 to randomly get 1 of those. This would not apply if stat increase would be available and coach would choose to take it for player.

Pink horrors splitting into blue horrors and blue ones to brimstone sounds very nice. One can come up with all sort of crazy mechanics with it but I think they might easily get too complicated or problematic. I just like random (mutation) skills more.
I was thinking something like this "Ever changing form" but decided to remove it for now
Team can not hire apothecary. However, any niggling injuries will be treated as Miss next game. Whereas any Miss next game -results will be treated as Badly hurt. Stat decreases and deaths will be applied as usual.

Last edited by Crapula on Sep 14, 2017 - 20:03; edited 6 times in total
Crapula

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2017 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty linemen (Blue Horrors, Running horrors, something better?):
I was thinking these would have the same stats and skills than goblins but would replace right stuff with extra arms.
0-16, 50-60k, 6-2-3-7, Dodge, Stunty, Extra arms, AM, GSP

...and here is the first miniature that I have ever finished painting:
Not much conversion in this one. I think that shoulder pads or number plates just don't fit with the fluid appearance of horrors so the roster numbers had to be part of their skin or something vivid. So I thought brimstone horrors could be kind of number carriers for blue horrors.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2017 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Some feedback.

With stunty league we went with M on general access because Tzeentch is the god of magic and mutation. However contrary to that, Daemons don't mutate. So you can go 2 ways there. Strong with the god-Tzeentch or strong with daemons don't mutate.

However there are lots of amazing stuff you can do with TT, that we were unable to do. One thing we wanted from the client for Stunty Leeg was a daemon instability rule (which we also wanted for Secret League). Instability works something like blood lust, but doesn't have a victim to bite, but doesn't cause a turnover. This in turn means you can make more powerful daemons due to their neg trait. It would really help with the popular khorne roster.

Another thing you could look into is the old rule for horrors, which was removed to streamline warhammer. Basically if you killed a blue horror, it would become 2 pink horrors. In BB this could be pretty nifty. Not being able to buy a pink horror stunty/right stuff player, but getting 2 to the roster if one was killed.

I must admit, I haven't got around to playtesting this weird and wacky roster, but you could really make something original with Tzeentch horrors idea.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2017 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

You know about secret league don't you?

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2017 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I really appreciate the feedback! I will seriously consider both removing M access as well as adding daemon instability rule.

Now I'm finishing two more linemen and working with first thrower. I would like the throwers to be the defining players for the team so I have to come up with something good.

Garion wrote:
You know about secret league don't you?
Did you skip what I wrote or is this criticism?
Crapula

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2017 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I removed the mutation access and added Demonic instability as well as my preliminary thoughts on the other roster players.

Do you think apothecary would suit the team? Where can I find exact rules you were planning for Demonic Instability?

I imagine you would roll D6 after you have anounced a block, blitz or movement for the player. On roll of 1 player would be removed from pitch and would miss the rest of the game. Before this he could complete all actions for this turn. This would not cause turnover unless the player would be holding the ball at the end of his turn.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2017 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well as I said you could go either way with the mutation access. You could.....go for a 'gifts' style access more on the lines of 2nd ed. Where you get 'random' gifts/mutations. Some good/some bad. The problem with this though is that if you role well you get a great team/role poorly a bad team; something BB has tried to move a way from, however it does suit the whims and chaotic nature of the gods.

Remove them from the pitch at the end of the players turn, so they can finish any actions. If they are holding the ball and drop it, it doesn't cause a turnover. Any player suffering from instability is placed in the reserve box, not removed from the game.

If I get some time, I will write something in full.
Crapula

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2017 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Have not had much time to paint, but I have finished more blue horrors and first thrower is almost ready. I like it so much that I'm almost tempted to give it AG4.

I'm planning to name this positional as Flaming thrower (of Tzeentch). What do you think of the price? Could AG4 make sense?

Flaming Throwers 0-2, 1?0k, 5-3-3/4?-8 Regeneration-Foul Appearance-Strong Arm, ASP, G

Image[/img]
kummo

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2017 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Does not look like ag4 piece to me. Maybe ag3 with extra arms altho tentacles look much more appropriate.

So either: 5 3 3 8 regen extra arms (foul appearance) strong arm

Or: 5 3 3/4 8 regen tentacles (foul appearance) strong arm

"Flamers move by bumping and hopping around, leaping into the air in a gravity-defying and comical fashion." - if you give it high agility, maybe leap could work to give a lil fluffy taste.. not that useful skill since without G access you really can't build a sacker nor does it's speed really make it useful carrier..

Just thoughts
 Jump to: